Season Opener

  • Arnett Carroll
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2003
      Largely due to the fact that the new roster has just begun playing
      together the crowd noise played absolute hell with the Raider snap
      cadence. I lost count but the Raiders gave the Titan somewhere around
      200 yards in penalties and the Titans only won by 5 points (25-20).

      Being AFC champs from the 2002 season made the rematching of last
      year's AFC championship game especially important to the Titans.
      Forget our loss to the Bucs in the Super Bowl. Rumor has it that the
      Titans were already reserving suites and selling packages for the
      Super Bowl before the Championship game. If you think that we got
      beaten badly in the Super Bowl remember how badly we beat the Titans.
      If you think that a black cloud has been hanging over the Raider
      Nation for the past 8 months,it's been pitch black over Memphis too.
      They wanted this one badly and we GAVE it to them in penalty yards
      converted to easy scores.

      The Raiders need to turn up the speakers and work on the snap cadence.
      Any mistakes that the Raiders make as last year's AFC champions and
      league MVP are going to be watched by everyone on our schedule. I
      hope that the Titans feel good about the win. If not for the
      penalties they would have lost by 9-14 points. With the penalties
      they only won by 5.

      It's a long season....
    • Tom
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2003
        Re: Need to turn up the speakers...
        Yes, but not this week!
        I think we need to work on offense.
        Protecting the QB, and executing
        offensive plays. Getting the ball
        to the receivers in particular.
        We need an offense that can score
        a LOT and often.
        The offensive line needs much work.
        Focus on that this week I say.

        Romo was playing like a RAIDER last night!
        But doesn't he always!
        And it's surely true that the refs
        gave Tenn. a TD that they didn't deserve.
        But we were sloppy... we showed weakness.
        This is not good.

        I expect much improvement each week.

        Tom