Gospel of Philip - Part Fourteen

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2005

      This is Volume One Number 80
      April 4, 2005

      For my text I'm using the Gospel of Philip found

      In my opinion, the best translation of the Gospel
      of Philip is done by Jean-Yves LeLoop (2002) (ISBN
      1-59477-022-0) published by Inner Traditions
      Rochester, VT. http://InnerTraditions.com

      14. "Jesus" is a hidden name, "Christ" is a
      revealed name.

      In this sense, "hidden" means it is "of this
      physical world" and not "of the spiritual world."
      "Revealed," on the other hand, is "of the
      Spiritual world" and given to us by spirit. Jesus
      is the name given to the man by his parents.
      Christ is the name of the Divine incarnate in the
      man. When the man realizes (Realization) the
      Divine incarnate within in, that man knows he is
      that, he is the Christ.

      "For this reason 'Jesus' is not particular to any
      language; rather he is always called by the name
      Jesus. While as for 'Christ', in Syriac it is
      'Messiah', in Greek it is 'Christ'. Certainly all
      the others have it according to their own

      The name a man is given by his parents is the name
      that man is called by in any language. A revealed
      name, on the other hand, is revealed to all people
      in their own language. It is translated by men
      into their own tongue. But the name of a man
      given him by his parents is not translated into
      another language.

      "The Nazarene is he who reveals what is hidden."

      Jesus is the Nazarene who revealed the hidden
      knowledge about the Divine. That knowledge is
      that the Divine is a part of everything, that each
      of us is an individualized expression of the one
      and only Divine.

      "Christ has everything in himself, whether man, or
      angel, or mystery, and the Father."

      Since Christ is the incarnate Divine, and since
      the Divine contains the whole creation within
      itself, Christ has everything within himself.
      This is the greatest mystery of the Christian
      faith. The only resolution of this mystery is
      that the Divine is Everything. Therefore, since
      everything is within the Divine, the Divine
      resides in all things. Thus Christ, being the
      Divine incarnate, contains all things as well.

      We'll continue the Gospel of Philip in the next
      newsletter. In the meantime, have a great week.

      Gnostic News is a publication of the Universal
      Gnostic Church http://UniversalGnostic.com and Dr.
      John Gilbert http://GnosticYoga.com Copyright by
      John Gilbert and Universal Gnostic Church 2005.