Qabalah 101 - Part 27

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2004

      This is Volume One Number 65
      December 6, 2004

      For my text I'm using the translation of the
      Sepher Yetzirah Chapter Five available at
      http://UniversalGnostic.com/reading/qabalah/sepher5.htm
      and quote as follows:

      Section 3. Behold now these are the Twenty and Two
      Letters from which Jah, Jehovah Tzabaoth, the
      Living Elohim, the God of Israel, exalted and
      sublime, the Dweller in eternity, formed and
      established all things; High and Holy is His Name.

      Thus ends Chapter Five. Some time after this book
      was completed some other rabbis added the
      following notes that change the original attributions:

      1. God produced Hé predominant in Speech, crowned
      it, combined and formed with it Aries in the
      Universe, Nisan in the Year, and the right foot of Man.

      2. He produced Vau, predominant in mind, crowned
      it, combined and formed with it Taurus in the
      Universe, Aiar in the Year, and the right kidney
      of Man.

      3. He produced Zain, predominant in Movement
      crowned it, combined and formed it with Gemini in
      the Universe, Sivan in the Year, and the left foot
      of Man.

      4. He produced Cheth, predominant in Sight,
      crowned it, combined and formed it with Cancer in
      the Universe, Tammuz in the year, and the right
      hand of Man.

      5. He produced Teth, predominant in Hearing,
      crowned it, combined and formed with it Leo in the
      Universe, Ab in the Year, and the left kidney in Man.

      6. He produced Yod, predominant in Work, crowned
      it, combined and formed with it Virgo in the
      Universe, Elul in the Year, and the left hand of Man.

      7. He produced Lamed, predominant in Sexual
      desire, crowned it, combined and formed with it
      Libra in the Universe, Tishri in the Year, and the
      private parts of Man. (Kalisch gives “gall.”)

      8. He produced Nun, predominant in Smell, crowned
      it, combined and formed with it Scorpio in the
      Universe, Heshvan in the Year, and the intestines
      of Man.

      9. He produced Samech, predominant in Sleep,
      crowned it, combined and formed with it
      Sagittarius in the Universe, Kislev in the Year,
      and the stomach of Man.

      10. He produced Ayin, predominant in Anger,
      crowned it, combined and formed with it
      Capricornus in the Universe, Tebet in the Year,
      and the liver of Man.

      11. He produced Tzaddi, predominant in Taste,
      crowned it, combined and formed with it Aquarius
      in the Year, and the gullet in Man).

      12. He produced Qoph, predominant in Mirth,
      crowned it, combined and formed with it Pisces in
      the Universe, Adar in the Year, and the spleen of
      Man.

      Astrologers may recognize these attributions. All
      of us can play with these assignments as see what
      happens to us during our meditations. In the
      meantime, have a great week.

      Namaste,
      John

      Gnostic News is a publication of the Universal
      Gnostic Church http://UniversalGnostic.com and Dr.
      John Gilbert http://GnosticYoga.com Copyright by
      John Gilbert and Universal Gnostic Church 2004.