Qabala 101 - Part 11

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2004
      Gentlepeople,

      This is Volume One Number 50
      July 4, 2004

      The text I'm using can be read or downloaded at
      http://GnosticYoga.com/reading/qabala/sepher1.htm
      We'll be reading Chapter One Section 11

      The authors of this ancient text now take us on a
      tour of the Cube of Space. There are several
      books describing how the Cube of Space is derived
      from the Tree of Life and I won't get into that
      topic at this time. What I will explain is that
      the Cube of Space not only describes how the
      manifest world was created, it is a blueprint for
      building a Cube of Protection around ourselves and
      our families and possessions.

      The first four creations constituted a point, a
      point without existence in space as there was not
      yet any space to occupy. This is to change
      rapidly as the Creator forms the Cube of Space.
      The Fifth and Sixth Creation forms a line from
      Above to Below. The Seventh and Eighth Creation
      forms a plane by adding a second line
      perpendicular to the first. The Ninth and Tenth
      Creation is to add another line perpendicular to
      the first two thus creating space. Until the
      Seventh Creation there was no space for the Tree
      of Life to occupy. Now the Tree of Life can
      occupy all of space, and that space is limitless.

      The Great Name Jehovah is used in creating the
      Cube of Space. This name in Hebrew is Yod Heh Vau
      and the Above direction was sealed with that name.
      The Below direction is sealed with the same name
      by changing the position of the last two letters.
      If you seal Above with GOD, you seal Below with
      GDO according to this Jewish formula.

      The direction East was Sealed with the first
      permutation of Yod Hey Vau which is Hey Yod Vau
      formed by interchanging the first and second
      letter of Hey Yod Vau. The West direction is
      sealed with the same name by changing the position
      of the last two letters thus making it Hey Vau
      Yod. Using our GOD example, we seal East with OGD
      and West with ODG.

      The direction South is sealed with the second
      permutation of Yod Hey Vau which is Vau Yod Heh.
      The North direction is sealed with Vau Heh Yod.
      Using our GOD example, we seal South with DOG and
      North with DGO.

      Another way to do this is to seal the directions
      with three different Gods or Goddesses. For
      example, we could seal Above with Creator God and
      Below with God Creator. We could seal East with
      Father God and West with God Father, South with
      Mother God and North with God Mother. That way we
      preserve the permutations given in the text.

      Another way is to seal the directions with six
      different Gods or Goddesses. For example, Creator
      God Above, Destroyer God Below, Son God in the
      East, Father God in the South, Mother God in the
      West and Daughter God in the North. We can even
      add a seventh direction and call it Within. None
      of these options are explained in the text but
      they probably were communicated by "word of
      mouth." Certainly they are so communicated by
      Kabbalists, Cabalists and Qabalists today.

      We can also change the shape of the Cube of Space
      into a Sphere of Space. We can use either one as a
      Cube of Protection or a Sphere of Protection. For
      a complete description of one possible Sphere of
      Protection check out the Magickal Order of the GD at
      http://MagiuckalOrder.com/00/work/. Just
      remember, the Elemental Cross of Kabalistic Cross
      are optional and are not required to form a Sphere
      of Protection. In the meantime, have a great
      week.

      Namaste,
      John

      Gnostic News is a publication of the Universal
      Gnostic Church http://UniversalGnostic.com and Dr.
      John Gilbert http://GnosticYoga.com Copyright by
      John Gilbert and Universal Gnostic Church 2004.