Happy Easter, St Patrick's Day, Purim, Ostara, Equinox and Holi

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2008
      Dear Gentlepeople,

      As a few of us celebrate our Irish heritage this Holy Season, we remember our brothers and sisters of different spiritual backgrounds and wish them all the very best as we start a new year with Spring busting out all over. Birth and rebirth is the message for all of us
      who celebrate this time of year:

      Christians - Easter
      Jews - Purim
      Wiccans - Ostara
      Hindi - Holi
      All of us - Spring Equinox

      Today I celebrate the life of my friend and mentor Mother Betty Jean McCloud Reeves born March 9, 1929 and born into another life March 19, 2008 at the age of 79.

      I first met Betty in 1962 when my wife and I joined her Psychic Development Class in Denver. I expected to learn how to manage my life and communicate better with my spirit friends. I learned a whole lot more than I ever anticipated.

      I introduced Betty to Juliet Ashley and the Holy Order of the Golden Dawn and Betty quickly became an adept. Betty was one of those responsible for starting the Magical Golden Dawn.

      I introduced her to Rhodonn Starrus and Universal Seminary. Betty and I became professors together in 1972. She taught until 2002 when Alzheimer's began to affect her teaching. Rhodonn helped us both become apostles and later bishops together in the Universal Gnostic Church.

      Rhodonn introduced Betty and I to Esoteric Freemasonry and we worked together in that Grand Lodge for nearly 40 years before she retired. He also introduced us to Spiritual Alchemy and we worked together with that group for nearly 40 years as well.

      Betty was a trance medium and an outstanding psychic reader. Her church, the Church of Universal Enlightenment, was a small home church of active members and visitors who came and went over the years. Her congregation was always the focus of everything Betty said and did day by day.

      Betty visited my wife and I on Wednesday evening March 19th and I knew her as she was before her heart medicine-induced illness took her wonderful mind and sense of humor from her. I rejoice in her rebirth and restoration. She is today the Betty I remember so fondly.

      Betty visited me again on Friday evening. I went to a meeting to hear a friend read for the gallery. Betty got her attention and sent me messages I knew were only from her. Later two other mediums said they saw Betty hug me from behind as I sat there silently grieving. And, I knew that was also true.

      Today on this Easter Sunday I celebrate the life and rebirth of Archbishop Betty Jean McCloud Reeves and I miss her less today than I've missed her for the past six years. But I still miss her.

      Love from Betty, Charlene and me to all of you this year!

      No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.