Aramaic Lord's Prayer - Part Eight

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2008
      Gentlepeople,

      Welcome back from the Holidays. That's another
      way of saying: "Welcome back to reality." As we
      enter this new year, I hope your reality is
      abundance and health and a realization of your
      intentions for 2008. My hopes and prayers go out
      to you.

      SPIRITUAL HEALING

      Please do not underestimate the power of prayer
      to heal you on every level of your being. Prayer
      has been scientifically proven to help people,
      plants and animals heal from physical injury,
      emotional garbage, mental anguish, psychological
      disorders and spiritual detachment.

      The intention of your prayers and your belief in
      the power of your own prayers appears to be the
      most important part of any prayer. It's not the
      words you speak but your intentions that are most
      important. But, your intentions are limited by
      your belief in them, yourself and the Divine.

      If this teaching touches your heart, I invite you
      to become a member of the Intentional Prayer
      Network (IntentionalPrayer.com) and help yourself
      and others attain the intentions each of you has
      for your own life.

      SPIRITUAL HEALERS

      The Federation of Spiritual Healer Licensing
      Boards is teaching basic coaching techniques to
      help spiritual healers become licensed. If you
      want to help others with spiritual healing
      through your career or hobbies, please visit
      HealerCoach.com and then check out the licensing
      boards that currently belong to the Federation.
      You'll probably find one that appeals to you.

      ARAMAIC LORD'S PRAYER - PART EIGHT

      Even as a child I had a hard time understanding
      the next stanza of the Roman Catholic and
      Protestant versions of the Lord's Prayer: "Lead
      us not into temptation, but deliver us from
      evil."

      As a child I wondered why in the world an
      all-loving God would ever lead us into evil or
      temptation. I still ponder that very question.
      Why, indeed?

      The Aramaic version of this stanza is Wela
      tashlen l'nesyuna, Ela patzan min bisha.

      The words translated as "Lead us not" become
      something like Free us, Free us from, Untie us,
      Untie us from, Unbind us, Unbind us from, Let us
      go, Let us go from, Release us and Release us
      from. As you read through these, keep in mind the
      pronoun is inferred. So, you may substitute the
      words me, you, them, him, her or it for the word
      "us" in all the above possibilities.

      The word translated as "into temptation" becomes
      something like "our feelings of guilt." The best
      translation is actually "our unripeness."

      The concept of unripeness is that we have not
      attained our potential for accepting, forgiving
      and loving ourselves and each other. Knowing we
      have not reached this perfection of spirit in the
      flesh causes us pain and suffering. This leads to
      guilt. It also leads to judging others and
      finding them also guilty. For we find the faults
      in others that they find in us.

      That's an interesting concept. When we meet a
      loving person, it's because we are loving and at
      that moment we are expressing our love. When we
      meet an angry and disagreeable person, it's
      because at that moment we're expressing our own
      anger and causing disagreement. The people in our
      lives are there to mirror for us what we are
      feeling and doing in the flesh.

      When street people ignore us, that's because we
      ignore them. When they beg from us, that's
      because in some facet of our life we're begging.
      When they rob us and take what we have, it's
      because we're taking from others what they have.
      People are the mirrors of what we are in the
      flesh. All we need to do is receive the message
      and decode it.

      People do not mirror our spirit, because in our
      spirit we are all perfect in every way. We do not
      need to attain spiritual perfection because we
      are spiritually perfect now and always will be
      and always have been perfect in every way. What
      we need to attain is perfection in the flesh.
      That's why we're here of our own free choice.

      The last part of this stanza was also puzzling to
      me as a child and in many ways still is. "But
      deliver us from evil" is absolutely the very
      least I think the Divine could ever do. I mean,
      after all, delivering us to evil would not be a
      Divine thing to do. When you read these words in
      Aramaic you get a different slant on things.

      "But deliver us from evil" is a redundant
      restatement. It means exactly the same thing as
      "Lead us not into temptation." In the Aramaic
      version there is no redundancy. What it says is
      simply guilt, feeling inferior, judgments, poor
      decisions, errors and mistakes. The words
      actually mean "that express our imperfection."

      Some translators render this passage as: 1)
      Release us from the guilt that binds us, 2) Free
      us from making judgments, 3) Untie the knots of
      our failure, 4) Help me free myself from my
      mistakes, and 5)Unbind me from my bad decisions.
      I like all of these. They all speak to my heart.
      Any combination of all the words that arise from
      the Aramaic version speak to me. But this is my
      personal version:

      Help the Church avoid any mistakes that harm
      anybody.

      That's not a very rigorous translation, but it
      sure speaks to me a lot more than the current
      Catholic and Protestant versions. I don't want to
      put them down in any way, I just want to express
      concern. I don't want to feel the Church has
      betrayed me, I just want to find my own spiritual
      path and follow it. I don't want to condemn the
      Church, for that's a mirror encouraging the
      Church to condemn me.

      So I pray: "Help me avoid any mistakes that
      harm myself and others."

      Peace,