The Gospel of Philip - Part 23

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2005

      This is Volume One Number 89
      June 6, 2005

      For my text I'm using the Gospel of Philip from

      http://UniversalGnostic.com/reading/mystic/philip.htm

      In my opinion, the best translation of the Gospel
      of Philip is done by Jean-Yves LeLoop (2002) (ISBN
      1-59477-022-0) published by Inner Traditions
      Rochester, VT. http://InnerTraditions.com

      "23. "The Father and the Son are single names;
      the Holy Spirit is a double name."

      The Father is a single name because it refers to
      that which is above. That which is above is
      unmanifest spirit. The Son is a single name
      because it refers to that which is below. That
      which is below is manifest spirit. Unmanifest
      spirit contains the whole of manifest spirit which
      is the creation.

      "For they are everywhere: they are above, they are
      below; they are in the concealed, they are in the
      revealed."

      This refers to the three names of The Father, The
      Son and the Holy Spirit. The Father is above.
      The Son is below. The Father is concealed. The
      Son is revealed.

      "The Holy Spirit is in the revealed: it is below.
      It is in the concealed: it is above."

      The Holy Spirit is called by many names though the
      most common is the Breath of God. This intimates
      that the Breath of God is with The Father and it
      goes out from The Father to The Son. The Holy
      Spirit can be thought of as being that part of the
      unmanifest divine (The Father) that is also a part
      of the manifest creation (The Son) within the
      Divine. (We'll learn later the Holy Spirit is the
      Life force itself.)

      To summarize. The Father is the unmanifest and it
      is not revealed, it is concealed. The Son is the
      manifest and it is not concealed, it is revealed.
      The Holy Spirit is unmanifest and manifest,
      concealed and revealed. The Father is the
      creator. The Son is the created. The Holy Spirit
      is that part of The Father which is not created
      but it resides within that which is created.

      We'll continue the Gospel of Philip in the next
      newsletter. In the meantime, have a great week.

      Namaste,
      John

      Gnostic News is a publication of the Universal
      Gnostic Church http://UniversalGnostic.com and Dr.
      John Gilbert http://GnosticYoga.com Copyright by
      John Gilbert and Universal Gnostic Church 2005.