RE: [GnosticThought] Re: solipsism

  • Gerard Montigny
    Message 1 of 95 , Jul 31 4:01 PM
      That's a good question I am not a Gnostic.

      Cheers

      Gerard

      Visit my webpage the Hunters Sadhana <http://www.hunters-sadhana.com/>

      http://www.hunters-sadhana.com/

      Message 95 of 95 , Aug 7, 2002
        In a message dated 8/7/02 10:31:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
        zephyros93@... writes:

        > Hi George,
        > 93
        > Subjective experience is essential to the process of getting to know
        oneself.
        > In the assumption that your comment below is referring to what I've said
        so
        > far, I would like to clarify myself a bit. I have no problem with
        subjective
        > experience...I'd have to negate my own experience otherwise. But I do have
        > problem in not qualifying that subjective experience by balancing it with
        the
        > objective universe and seeking also to experience that reality that
        > transcends subjective experience. Without doing this, one is essentially
        > practicing within a solipsistic paradigm.
        > 93/93
        > pj

        Thanks for the explanation. I did think you were referring to all subjective
        experience as solipsist. However I still disagree it is solipsist if one
        realizes others outside oneself have experiences too.

        George