Re: The Blind Man-God

  • naasene
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2002
      Hey Paul

      I'm not all that familiar with Thelema. I may have mentioned this
      already, but I used to co-run a club called "Mysterious Legacy" along
      side a member of Thelema, who was also a Wiccan high preist (or
      whatever they are called.. He also used the 93, which I take for some
      kind of degree?) Anyways, the purpose of the club was to compare the
      similarities and differences between traditional Gnosticism, Thelema,
      and Wicca. The exchange was quite interesting. We had found more
      similarities than I had expected, and more differences than he had
      expectd (or so it seemed). Alas, there was not enough interest so we
      eventually erased the club.

      Na'asene

      --- In GnosticThought@y..., Paul Joseph Rovelli <zephyros93@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Na'asene,
      > 93
      > This is actually quite an interesting thought. Based on what
      you're saying, we can see a strong allusion to Choronzon in Thelemic
      doctrine. In the descent of the Sephiroth, with the Logos crossing
      the Abyss, culminating into the formation of Chesed, Choronzon is
      viewed as an ally or facilitating force. It is in the ascent that he
      guards the gate to the Abyss...and is the 'Demon on the Threshhold'.
      He is holding the personality in its starry nature into manifestation.
      > To defy Choronzon is to die, to become a pile of dust blown by the
      wind into the care of Babalon and unto the City of the
      Pyramids...symbolic terms that in our holy books, reads much like the
      abandonment of the ego unto the supernal triad. Crowley's motto upon
      attaining this was V.V.V.V.V., which is a Latin phrase that
      translates as 'while living I have conquered death'. But all this is
      too mysterious to describe adequately or speculated upon. I think
      there's a certain importance to accepting that in the outer world of
      manifestation, no matter how magickally powerful our work has made
      us, it remains beyond the comprehension of our being.
      > Something that is so often described as an evolutionary leap in
      genus for our species...well...it seems to me that it has to be
      beyond comprehension for everyone but those before the gate and
      Choronzon. So the banter about ego and the insistence of the 'ego
      loser' that there is virtue in losing one's ego, only seem to miss
      the point BECAUSE (See Liber AL for the curse against 'because') they
      are trying to understand the ineffable. This is similar to the
      Taoist idea that the Tao that can be comprehended is not the Tao.
      > 93/93
      > pj
    • Paul Joseph Rovelli
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2002
        Hi Na'asene,
        93
        Sounds like it might have been an interesting group. But no, 93 delineates no grade...just a greeting of joy and freedom.
        93/93
        pj
        naasene <pmcvflag@...> wrote: Hey Paul

        wrote:

        > Hi Na'asene,
        > 93
        > This is actually quite an interesting thought. Based on what
        you're saying, we can see a strong allusion to Choronzon in Thelemic
        doctrine. In the descent of the Sephiroth, with the Logos crossing
        the Abyss, culminating into the formation of Chesed, Choronzon is
        viewed as an ally or facilitating force. It is in the ascent that he
        guards the gate to the Abyss...and is the 'Demon on the Threshhold'.
        He is holding the personality in its starry nature into manifestation.
        > To defy Choronzon is to die, to become a pile of dust blown by the
        wind into the care of Babalon and unto the City of the
        Pyramids...symbolic terms that in our holy books, reads much like the
        abandonment of the ego unto the supernal triad. Crowley's motto upon
        attaining this was V.V.V.V.V., which is a Latin phrase that
        translates as 'while living I have conquered death'. But all this is
        too mysterious to describe adequately or speculated upon. I think
        there's a certain importance to accepting that in the outer world of
        manifestation, no matter how magickally powerful our work has made
        us, it remains beyond the comprehension of our being.
        > Something that is so often described as an evolutionary leap in
        genus for our species...well...it seems to me that it has to be
        beyond comprehension for everyone but those before the gate and
        Choronzon. So the banter about ego and the insistence of the 'ego
        loser' that there is virtue in losing one's ego, only seem to miss
        the point BECAUSE (See Liber AL for the curse against 'because') they
        are trying to understand the ineffable. This is similar to the
        Taoist idea that the Tao that can be comprehended is not the Tao.
        > 93/93
        > pj

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        var lrec_URL="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=225940.2028952.3504245.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705948673:HM/A=1061772/R=0/id=flashurl/*http://www.fullaccessmedical.com/t/7428/211/2458684356";var lrec_flashfile="http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/1-/flash/misc/fam_lrec_groupsmail_0429b.swf";var lrec_altURL="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=225940.2028952.3504245.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705948673:HM/A=1061772/R=1/id=altimgurl/*http://www.fullaccessmedical.com/t/7428/211/2458684356";var lrec_altimg="http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/1-/flash/misc/fam_lrec_groupsmail_0429.gif";var lrec_width=300;var lrec_height=250;on error resume nextSub banner_click_lrec_FSCommand(ByVal command, ByVal args)call banner_click_lrec_DoFSCommand(command, args)end sub

        WAKE UP! Non-Judgment Day draws near!

      • naasene
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2002
          Oh ok, I had just made the assumption for no good reason. Good thing
          you cleared that up for me.