Re: sin

  • humbleservant1god
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 6, 2013
      so, no spirit world?

      --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "gnostic_ken" <gnostic_ken@...> wrote:

      > Hi Steve,
      > It didn't take me very long to figure out the separation is illusion.
      >
      > Ken
      >
      > --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "SteveW" <eugnostos2000@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Ken. So here you were definitely a metaphysical dualist, the classic "Ghost in the Machine" view (or, rather, the Ghost in the Animal"). So, do you still regard your mental and emotional life as something separate from, and at odds with, your biological life?
      > > Steve
      > >
      > > --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "gnostic_ken" <gnostic_ken@> wrote:

      > > > Post 274:
      > > >
      > > > The concept of sin also results from our very nature. We are spirits
      > > > seemingly trapped in animal bodies. Our spirit nature wants to do one thing
      > > > and our animal nature wants to do something else. Sometime or other our
      > > > spirit side decided one has to be good and the other evil. Our animal side
      > > > just thinks our spirit side is being stupid.
      > > >
      > > > Love, Light and Peace,
      > > > Merlin

    • gnostic_ken
      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 7, 2013
        More like no physical world. Everything is energy. The energy we call the spirit world is on a different wavelength from the energy we experience as the physical.

        IMO.

        Ken

        --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "humbleservant1god" <humbleservant1god@...> wrote:

        > so, no spirit world?
        >
        > --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "gnostic_ken" <gnostic_ken@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Steve,
        > > It didn't take me very long to figure out the separation is illusion.
        > >
        > > Ken
        > >
        > > --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "SteveW" <eugnostos2000@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi Ken. So here you were definitely a metaphysical dualist, the classic "Ghost in the Machine" view (or, rather, the Ghost in the Animal"). So, do you still regard your mental and emotional life as something separate from, and at odds with, your biological life?
        > > > Steve

      • old bob
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 7, 2013
          Hi Ken. I think of everything that I can sense as energy in one form or another, including myself. I'm aware of stuff that I can't visualize without some form of a device to use as a detector and it is energy too. Inductively, I assume that there is still a lot of stuff out there that I simply only have the resources to speculate about. I would be arrogant indeed to think that there aren't energy forms (life or devices) that are aware of them. For lack of a better (more religious name) I might call that hidden form Ellie.

          Closer to the subject of what I am able to observe, I can think of nothing that can't be thought of as energy in some form or another. I can think of concepts and similar processes as not being energy forms, but from this perspective, they really aren't "things". Kinda like vectors, in that they have magnitude and direction, but require time to execute. Oh no... back to time again. (grin)

          old bob
          --.-

          More like no physical world. Everything is energy. The energy we call the spirit world is on a different wavelength from the energy we experience as the physical.

          IMO.

          Ken

          --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "humbleservant1god" <humbleservant1god@...> wrote:

          > so, no spirit world?
          >
          > --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "gnostic_ken" <gnostic_ken@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Steve,
          > > It didn't take me very long to figure out the separation is illusion.
          > >
          > > Ken
          > >
          > > --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "SteveW" <eugnostos2000@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi Ken. So here you were definitely a metaphysical dualist, the classic "Ghost in the Machine" view (or, rather, the Ghost in the Animal"). So, do you still regard your mental and emotional life as something separate from, and at odds with, your biological life?
          > > > Steve

        • SteveW
          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 8, 2013
            Hi Ken. I agree, although I dislike the word, "spirit", as being too vague. IMO what we call reality is a dipolar unity that includes an objective pole and a subjective pole. Philosophically speaking, the word "physical" doesn't really mean anything anymore. See Paul Davies' The Matter Myth on this. My mistake before, imo, was to always think of consciousness as prior to matter/energy. Now I just see them as two sides of the same coin. What this "coin" is, in itself, we can never know, for we cannot step outside of it in order to look at it. It is what Freke and Gandy call The Mystery. IMO.
            Steve

            --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "gnostic_ken" <gnostic_ken@...> wrote:

            > More like no physical world. Everything is energy. The energy we call the spirit world is on a different wavelength from the energy we experience as the physical.
            >
            > IMO.
            >
            > Ken
            >
            > --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "humbleservant1god" <humbleservant1god@> wrote:
            > >
            > > so, no spirit world?
            > >
            > > --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "gnostic_ken" <gnostic_ken@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi Steve,
            > > > It didn't take me very long to figure out the separation is illusion.
            > > >
            > > > Ken

          • gnostic_ken
            Message 5 of 29 , Mar 8, 2013
              Hi Steve,
              Assuming I understand what you are saying, I agree.