Re: Superiority of the Light Realm

  • gnostic_ken
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2012
      --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "Gnostic Tom" <gnostictom@...> wrote:

      > Pistis Sophia 84 And if I lead you into the region of the rulers of the Fate, then will ye see the glory in which they are, and because of their overtowering great glory ye will deem this world before you as darkness of darknesses, and ye will look at the whole world of men, how it will have the condition of a speck of dust for you because of the great distance it is far distant from it, and because of the great condition it is considerably greater than it.

      "Lead you into the region of the rulers of the Fate"?

      I guess we have pretty much decided this is the Christ Within that is talking, but what exactly is the rulers of the Fate?

      Ken
    • Gnostic Tom
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2012
        I think some versions of some Gnostic texts call "rulers of the Fate" "archons of Destiny".

        I think perhaps this is what the Epistles of Paul call "predestination"

        Oh the wheel in the sky keeps on turning.
        Oh I don't know where I'll be tomorrow.
        Wheel in the sky keeps me yearning.
        Oh I don't know, I don't know.
        --Journey

        To me, this says, if you could see the bigger picture, you wouldn't sweat the details so much.
        There is more going on than the observed darkened human condition, we are part of a larger whole.

        Tom

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 2012
          --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, Gnostic Tom <gnostictom@...> wrote:

          > I think some versions of some Gnostic texts call "rulers of the Fate"
          > "archons of Destiny".
          >
          > I think perhaps this is what the Epistles of Paul call "predestination"
          >
          > Oh the wheel in the sky keeps on turning.
          > Oh I don't know where I'll be tomorrow.
          > Wheel in the sky keeps me yearning.
          > Oh I don't know, I don't know.
          > --Journey
          >
          > To me, this says, if you could see the bigger picture, you wouldn't sweat
          > the details so much.
          > There is more going on than the observed darkened human condition, we are
          > part of a larger whole.
          >
          > Tom
          >

          > On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 8:16 AM, gnostic_ken <gnostic_ken@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "Gnostic Tom" <gnostictom@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Pistis Sophia 84 And if I lead you into the region of the rulers of the
          > > Fate, then will ye see the glory in which they are, and because of their
          > > overtowering great glory ye will deem this world before you as darkness of
          > > darknesses, and ye will look at the whole world of men, how it will have
          > > the condition of a speck of dust for you because of the great distance it
          > > is far distant from it, and because of the great condition it is
          > > considerably greater than it.
          > > >

          > > "Lead you into the region of the rulers of the Fate"?
          > >
          > > I guess we have pretty much decided this is the Christ Within that is
          > > talking, but what exactly is the rulers of the Fate?
          > >
          > > Ken

          Thanks Tom,
          Humm, ok, a glance at the Eternal Now where everything that has ever happened and will ever happen is happening now? Where it might look as though the past, present and future has been drawn out on a scroll?

          Ken
        • gnostic_ken
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 10, 2013
            --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "Gnostic Tom" wrote:

            > Pistis Sophia 84 And if I lead you into the region of the rulers of the Fate, then will ye see the glory in which they are, and because of their overtowering great glory ye will deem this world before you as darkness of darknesses, and ye will look at the whole world of men, how it will have the condition of a speck of dust for you because of the great distance it is far distant from it, and because of the great condition it is considerably greater than it.

            I have experienced the realm of light. I think perhaps it looks so wonderful to us in the same way city life looks wonderful to a peasant. Perhaps it has its trials and hardships for those who live there.

            IMO.

            Ken
          • rosiolady
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 10, 2013
              In a message dated 1/10/2013 6:36:12 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, gnostic_ken@... writes:
              I have experienced the realm of light. I think perhaps it looks so wonderful to us in the same way city life looks wonderful to a peasant. Perhaps it has its trials and hardships for those who live there.

              IMO.

              Ken
              I think you can't compare it to the trials and hardships of this life because it is so different.  I think of the Light Realm as our "home base," and we're never truly gone from it.  We just experience being here in this life, but the Light Realm is our true reality.  One thing about it, if you can conceive of the Light Realm, that's because it is a part of you.  If it were not a part of your consciousness (maybe subconsciousness), you would not even be able to conceive of it or understand what it might be even while looking right at it.  Just my opinion.

              Rosalie