What?

  • rosiolady@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2012
      No gnostic thoughts this morning?  Where is everybody.

      There is a Body, Mind, and Spirit even going on at the Portland Convention Center on Sat. and Sun., with modest fee to get in and lots of speakers to listen to for free.  Kind of like a 3-ring circus.  Several rooms with different speakers going at the same time, at least 3 or 4, so you can choose who you'd most like to hear.  You can sit at the back and leave if you find you don't like it.

      I'll be going as long as my energy level is sufficient to get me through the day, hoepfully.  If I get there, I will listen to a presentation by a speaker on Vedanta at 2 p.m.  Sure hope I make it; I'd really like to do it.

      Rosalie
    • old bob
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2012
        Good Morning Rosiolady
        I'm lurking a lot, and its good to hear from you.
        Hope the presentation meets your expectations.
        We want an evaluation when your done.... of course ;-)

        old bob
        --.-

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2012
          In a message dated 11/1/2012 11:51:15 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, bbferrier@... writes:
          Good Morning Rosiolady
          I'm lurking a lot, and its good to hear from you.
          Hope the presentation meets your expectations.
          We want an evaluation when your done.... of course ;-)

          old bob
          Hi Bob,

          I guess we're all lurking, or otherwise engaged just now.  I'll definitely you know how it goes--if I make it.  I do have energy problems, although they are getting some better--hooray!  I will need to ride an hour on the Max train (about) to get there (that's just sitting) and then walk around most of the rest of the day, although at least I can go at my own speed.  Oh, the joys of the aging body...

          Rosalie
        • gnostic_ken
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2012
            --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, rosiolady@... wrote:

            > No gnostic thoughts this morning? Where is everybody.
            >
            > There is a Body, Mind, and Spirit even going on at the Portland Convention
            > Center on Sat. and Sun., with modest fee to get in and lots of speakers to
            > listen to for free. Kind of like a 3-ring circus. Several rooms with
            > different speakers going at the same time, at least 3 or 4, so you can choose
            > who you'd most like to hear. You can sit at the back and leave if you find
            > you don't like it.
            >
            > I'll be going as long as my energy level is sufficient to get me through
            > the day, hoepfully. If I get there, I will listen to a presentation by a
            > speaker on Vedanta at 2 p.m. Sure hope I make it; I'd really like to do it.
            >
            > Rosalie

            Hi Rosalie,
            I was busy all day yesterday.

            I hope you have a positive experience at the event. Please tell us about it when you have time.

            Ken
          • SteveW
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 2, 2012
              Hi Rosalie. Are you interested in Vedanta?
              Steve

            • rosiolady@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 2, 2012
                In a message dated 11/2/2012 8:31:21 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, eugnostos2000@... writes:
                Hi Rosalie. Are you interested in Vedanta?
                Steve

                Yes, a bit.  What I know of it resonates with me.  My sister in Denver takes part in Vedic studies.  She's been "into" lots of different things, just as I have, but she has pretty well set herself on that.

                This is an opportunity to tell you all what I think of "psychics," readers, that is.  I find them interesting individuals when I meet them, and several of them over the years have befriended me.  I deal with my own heavy intuition and sometimes visions, as well.  After this last one, who claimed me as a friend big time, I have learned that however good they are at psychic readings (1) they are ALL hit or miss (watch out for anyone who claims differently) and (2) they just as unable to understand themselves as any ordinary person.  This last one I tried to be friends with turned out to have significant bipolar mood disorder, and because it was the last thing I expected to find in a psychic (more evolved than the rest of us, huh?), it took me a long time to figure out such obvious things as why she would one time be SO warm and loving and the next time "jump down my throat" over nothing in particular; one time be so busy I could not possibly keep up with her and the next time be lying inert in bed.  I'm not saying she doesn't have a gift for "seeing" and besides she's a really good energy healer, but in fact she and all the others as well are as faulty as anyone else who's stuck in the "human condition." All IMO.

                I have not sought out psychic readings except when I've been puzzling over a problem and can't get enough information to make any kind of decision about it (something important to me always).  Then I have gone to one or the other of them just to hear a really different perspective.  Sometimes it has helped.

                Rosalie
              • SteveW
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 2, 2012
                  Hi Rosalie. Yes, I think that psychics are just like everyone else, except that they may have certain esp talents. We all have certain talents. If you like Vedanta, may I suggest Shankara's classic work, The Crest-Jewel of Discrimination, which can be read on-line.
                  Steve

                • rosiolady@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 2, 2012
                    In a message dated 11/2/2012 9:00:23 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, eugnostos2000@... writes:
                    If you like Vedanta, may I suggest Shankara's classic work, The Crest-Jewel of Discrimination, which can be read on-line.
                    Steve

                    Thanks, Steve.  I will definitely check that out.

                    Rosalie