Re: [GnosticThought] Egyptian roots of Judaism, Horemheb father of the Hebrews

  • rosiolady@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2012
      In a message dated 9/30/2012 11:35:39 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, aper_el@... writes:
      > Is there a possibility that pharaoh Horemheb is the father of the
      Hebrewic name. Notice the last part of said name Horem(heb). Could it be possible the root to the Hebrewic name is before our eyes and we
      deny a truth?

      > Aper_el
      It's a possibility, IMO, but not one I attach as much importance to as you seem to.  I have not made an exhaustive study of Egyptian religion as you may have, and don't feel inclined to do so, not that there's anything wrong with it...

      Rosalie
    • Linda
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2012
        On checking the Wikipedia entry on Hormeheb, the name means "Horus in Jubilation", so the word "heb" would mean "jubilation". It's possible that the word "Hebrew" could refer to jubilation in some way, especially when we see how they celebrated a "jubilee" or "festival" every 49 or 50 years. This may be an adaptation of the Egyptian Sed festival; also known as Heb Sed or Feast of the Tail, which celebrated the 30th year of a pharaoh's reign, and which we still see in the silver, golden, diamond, and so on jubilees celebrating the reign of the British monarchs.

        Linda

        --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, rosiolady@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 9/30/2012 11:35:39 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        > aper_el@... writes:
        >
        > > Is there a possibility that pharaoh Horemheb is the father of the
        > Hebrewic name. Notice the last part of said name Horem(heb). Could it be
        > possible the root to the Hebrewic name is before our eyes and we
        > deny a truth?
        > >
        > > Aper_el
        >

        > It's a possibility, IMO, but not one I attach as much importance to as you
        > seem to. I have not made an exhaustive study of Egyptian religion as you
        > may have, and don't feel inclined to do so, not that there's anything wrong
        > with it...
        >
        > Rosalie

      • aper_el
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2012
          Thanks Linda...I'll put my ideas on the back burner, I was the person who brought the caption up.

          Aper_El