Re: Life and Spiritual Journey

  • banderaken
    Message 1 of 110 , Jul 1 5:58 AM
      --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "spoonology" <spoonology@...> wrote:
      > Really what drew my attention the most was the mention of Southern psychic traditions intermingled with very literalist Christianity. I would love to hear a bit more detail in that area.
      >
      > I am interested, because from my experience and knowledge of Southern culture, at least Mid-west southern culture, to even mention Psychic drew raised eyebrows and scornful looks. To actually practice something like that was paramount to witchcraft and eternal damnation (yeah southern Baptist if you didn't already figure that out).

      Hi Phil,
      The word psychic was never used. Everything psychic was labeled a message from Jesus or an angel. Every alternate reality experience was God allowing the person to visit Heaven or Hell. Every contact with a physically dead person was God allowing the person to make contact from Heaven.

      Yeah, the Baptists believed "God doesn't work like that anymore," but they wouldn't directly contradict the person telling the story to their face because that would have been rude.

      Ken
    • rosiolady@aol.com
      Message 110 of 110 , Aug 25, 2011
        In a message dated 8/25/2011 2:33:33 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        bbferrier@... writes:

        I like to keep it simple for myself. If it ain't hurting nothing and I
        want to do it, then why not?

        old bob

        Reminds me of the Wiccan saying (at least the Wiccans are claiming it
        now): And it harm none, do as you will...

        Sure makes sense to me.

        Rosalie