Re: Is there a last incarnation ?

  • John
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 30, 2011
      --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, rosiolady@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 4/30/2011 5:22:41 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      > beingherenow@... writes:
      >
      > My last incarnation is the one I'm in now.
      >
      > If I get another one, then that will be my last.
      >

      > I agree with this here, too--not taking your side, just agreeing that one
      > way or another you're saying something I think is correct :-)
      >
      > I can't know absolutely, of course, but I think everyone here understands
      > independent thinking.
      >
      > Rosalie

      Dear Rosalie,

      It's an idea that ties in with the last judgement
      ... which is the one you've just made ...
      and the final `last judgement' of this lifetime
      is the one we take with us when we drop the gross body;
      my take on it being that it might be best to have in mind
      a judgement I can be absolutely happy with,
      a judgement from the heart, depicted by the ancient Egyptians
      as being balanced against a feather.
      http://www.egyptianmyths.net/feather.htm

      I've been a silent observer here for a while
      and it appears to me that the group
      is generously open minded, your good self included.
      Many thanks.

      Love,
      John
      ***
    • banderaken
      Message 2 of 20 , May 10 11:33 AM
        Is there a last incarnation?

        No. But I see incarnation different from the standard western understanding. I don't think a soul floats around and is pulled into a body and then released at death only to be pulled into another body.

        Think of a tub of water. Fill a glass from the tub. The water in the tub is the incarnation. Empty the glass back into the tub. Then fill it again. Another incarnation. Keep doing it forever. Endless incarnations and endless combinations of water molecules.

        IMO.