Re: Meditations

  • banderaken
    Message 1 of 91 , Apr 1, 2011
      Jan 17, 2002 13:25 PST:
      "People need to wake up. They can't hear the Great Spirit's voice if
      they're asleep."

      --Vernon Cooper, LUMBEE

      Black Elk, a Sioux, talks about the hoop of many hoops. He says that
      above the people is a hoop, a conscience, the total belief of the
      people. If the hoop is sick, meaning dysfunctional, co-dependent, a lot
      of alcoholism, family abuse, violence, racism and sexual abuse, the
      people can get used to this and think this is normal. In other words,
      the people are asleep. If we have left the spiritual way of life, the
      people are asleep. If we are giving our power to another entity, the
      people are asleep. In most tribes, there are Coyote Clans. The job of
      the Coyote Clan people is to wake the people up. They need to become a
      nuisance and irritate the people. We must return to the spiritual walk.

      Oh Great
      Spirit, keep me
      awake today.
      Let me hear the
      voices of our
      ancestors...let
      me hear the
      voices of the
      Grandfathers.
      Because
      everybody is
      doing it doesn't
      make things
      right. Let me
      hear the truth
      today and
      become a coyote
      for the people.
      Give me the
      courage to be
      willing to be
      different. Let
      me walk
      straight on the
      Red Road.
    • rosiolady@aol.com
      Message 91 of 91 , Apr 21, 2011
        In a message dated 4/21/2011 1:29:37 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        bandera_ken@... writes:

        Hi Rosalie,
        Now that you mention it, yes.

        Ken

        That's what I thought--I mean, I think so too :-)

        Rosalie