Re: Hey everyone

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 15 , May 1, 2010
      --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "bennybenfari" <bennybenfari@...> wrote:

      > Hi my name is Benny B. I became interested in Gnosticism after reading
      > a few pages of the book TALISMAN. I find it very interesting and it is
      > the spiritual path I want to take in my life.

      Hi Benny. Gnosticism can be very rewarding.
    • gnostic_ken
      Message 2 of 15 , May 1, 2010
        --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <miko1930@...> wrote:

        > --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "bennybenfari" <bennybenfari@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi my name is Benny B. I became interested in Gnosticism after reading
        > > a few pages of the book TALISMAN. I find it very interesting and it is
        > > the spiritual path I want to take in my life.
        > >
        > Hi Benny. Gnosticism can be very rewarding.

        Hi Matt,
        How has Gnosticism rewarded you?

        Ken
      • gnostic_ken
        Message 3 of 15 , May 1, 2010
          --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, Eclectic Hippy <eclectichippy@...> wrote:

          > I been thinking of writing my own myths I thought about writing a myth based on what the book I read says.
          > But, in my story God says he's been Jesus,Buddha,Krishna and others.
          > I'v wrote storys and poems where God is universal i'd like to try it again maybe this weekend.
          > I like idea of God being for everyone not just a certain group of people.
          > I thought about rewriting a story I started but never finshed where a boy leaves society and Finds a Wiccan Shaman out in the woods and learns from him.
          > But this time I think i'll put some mythology in it.
          > I read on another group Gnostics made their own Gospels I would like to try and Make my own.

          Would you post your myth here when you write it?

          I have been trying to write my own for years. Every time I leave it and come back I don't like what I wrote and start over.

          Ken
        • Eclectic Hippy
          Message 4 of 15 , May 2, 2010
            Yea, I will post it here if no one minds. I been wanting to write some stories I just got to find the time to write them.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 15 , May 2, 2010
              This makes me think of a saying i'v heard People say that if you talk to God it's prayer but if he talks to you it's skitzophrenia

              Thing is..You just called ever religion that ever existed based on the writings of a mad man.
              I don't claimed to of talked to God me and Him don't sit and drink coffee together even tho i'v asked him too.
              I just want to write a myth I don't expect worshippers and I am not looking to start a religion.

              Message 6 of 15 , May 2, 2010
                At 07:36 AM 5/2/2010 -0700, Eclectic Hippy wrote:

                <snip>
                >Thing is..You just called ever religion that ever existed
                >based on the writings of a mad man.
                <snip>

                More like... cozen men.

                itso,