Re: [GnosticThought] Mandaean

  • dick
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 26, 2009
      At 02:57 PM 11/26/2009 -0800, HosSam wrote:
      >Hallo,

      >Is there is some one know who is Mandaean?

      Hi HosSam,

      Mandaean;
      A member of a small Gnostic sect that originated in Jordan
      and survives in Iraq and who believes that John the Baptist
      was the Messiah.

      Mandaeanism;
      A Gnostic religion originating the 2nd and 3rd centuries that
      believes John the Baptist was the Messiah and that incorporates
      Jewish and Christian elements into a framework of dualistic beliefs.

      cite: Princeton Wordweb
      a free thesaurus~dictionary program...
      download URL http://wordweb.info/
    • Hossam
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 16, 2009
        Hello,
        Thanks for all.
        I know how is mandaean i just want to know if the Mandaean famous or not.
        I'm one of them. I live in Ntherlands ( Holland ).

        http://www.mandaeanunion.org/HMRG/Final_MHRG_Report_2009.pdf

        http://www.netwerk.tv/node/1191

        http://www.youtube.com/user/husamhisham#p/f/5/jLbh-wctZ48

        http://www.youtube.com/user/husamhisham#p/f/3/Ht0ynAH3S30

        IS there Dutch in this group?

        My mails
        Hossamhaaiman@...
        Hossamhaaiman@...

        Greetings
        Hossam
      • James Takac
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 16, 2009
          MM Hassan

          I guess that would depend on what you mean by famous. If you mean widely known
          by most people, then I'd say know. If you mean well known among Gnostics
          that'd be certainly closer to a yes. However I see only one group on
          yahoogroups specifically for Mandean's call MandeanLove. Only 2 members as of
          yet

          MP
          p3nn

          --
          THIS which is seeking is THAT which is sought, and THAT
          which is sought is THIS which is seeking.

          Wei Wu Wei
        • Hossam Hisham
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 16, 2009
            Sorry i mean known .

               Hossam al Edani Mail Signature

            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 16, 2009
              Hello H,

              no there is many mandaean group. like:-

              375 members

              MANDAEAN UNION 2ith 728 members

              mandaean_medicalprofessionals 173 members
              http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/mandaean_medicalprofessionals/

              and many other mandaean group less than 100 members,

              nice day,
              Hossam

              --

            • brownbagprd@netscape.net