Hermeticism Part 2 all Weekend on Aeon Byte!!!

  • miguelconner
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2009
      In our first program, we explored the evolution and impact of Pagan Gnosticism from a broad historical perspective, ranging from Egyptian times to the Renaissance and beyond. We focus now on the Classic Hermeticists of the Greco/Roman World and the early Christian Era. We investigate their origins, theology, cosmology and cosmogony; and what might have happened to this 'kinder, gentler' brand of Gnosticism that saw Creation and all of its players as benign tools for the restoration of the soul. We also compare and contrast Pagan Gnosticism with its Christian counterpart, as well as its relationship and influence of the other religions of that time. And reveal startling evidence of who truly kept the secrets of these Gnostic Magicians alive throughout history.

      Astral Guest-- Jesse Folks, contributing writer for 'The Gnostic Magazine', co-founder of The Palm Tree Garden, and teacher at Catholic University in Washington DC.

      --The varied themes and theologies of the Hermetic worldview.
      --Little known-evidence that from the early days it was Christianity who championed Hermeticism as a genuine spiritual pursuit (and protected their legacy throughout most of Western history). And the reasons Christians and not Pagans were so passionate about the Hermeticists.
      --An overview of the Hermetic texts, from the Corpus Hermeticum to their works in the Nag Hammadi Library.
      --Understanding the Hermetic Savior Godmen and their historical thinkers.
      --Dispelling and understanding how libertine or dependent on magic were the Classic Hermeticists.
      --The similarities and differences between the Pagan Gnostics and the Christian Gnostics.
      --The various possibilities of what ended the Classic Hermetical era.

      And much more!!! As a bonus, we also discuss a bona fide modern Gnostic Gospel in the form of a cartoon show from Japan¬óNeon Geneses Evangelion.

      Next week it's the life and Gnosis of Timothy Freke. He guest stars as himself!

      Just go to http://www.thegodabovegod.com/. The program is broadcast all weekend long. Listen to it at your convenience.

      All past shows of Aeon Byte are available at http://www.thegodabovegod.com/shop/. Digital or CD copies in bulk can also be purchased through our homepage.

      Abraxas