Re: mind vs matter

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 106 , Jul 3, 2009
      --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "letterpi" <letterpi@...> wrote:

      > We can not see ourselves anymore than our eyeball can
      > look directly at itself. Bob
      > > --
      > > THIS which is seeking is THAT which is sought, and THAT
      > > which is sought is THIS which is seeking.
      > >
      > > Wei Wu Wei

      "It is like an eye that sees, but cannot see itself.
      It is like a sword that cuts, but cannot cut itself."
      -The Zenrin
      "The object is object for the subject, and the subject
      is subject for the object. Realize that both rest upon
      one emptiness."
      -Seng T'san
      Steve
    • Gnostic Ken
      Message 106 of 106 , Jul 27, 2009
        --- On Sun, 7/26/09, letterpi <letterpi@...> wrote:

        >    Any.  Bob
        >
        > --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com,
        > Gnostic Ken <gnostic_ken@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > --- On Sat, 7/25/09, letterpi <letterpi@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > >         Hi
        > > > Steve,
        > > >      Can a material universe exist
        > > > without consciousness?  Bob
        > >
        > > Hi Bob,
        > > Whose consciousness?
        > >
        > > Ken

        Depends on what you mean by consciousness..