Re: FW: Video from Yahoo!

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
      hi ken, i finally got to watch the video. if this message is all messed up i apologize. aparently i have forgotten how to type on a real computer! i'm at a days inn in desmoines iowa,and the folks in the lobby listening to the video are pretty convinced,but i kind of have that "i need to witness it to believe it"attitude. it is pretty convincing,but i wished james could have done more explaining than the mother who decided to write the book! i mean no disrespect to anyone who has had an experience like this. as ive said before,i had a little one of my own once. i just have to see the ghost before i say its real,i have to experience evil before i can say its more than just a human condition,and i kind of need to experience a past life before i can say its absolute.my question is i guess, how come some have these experiences and the rest of us dont? i heard the fathers explanation on why his son has had his experiences,but why him and not us? are we not all old souls,or just some? if the answer is just some,well that doesnt make sense to me. what do you believe ken? brian--- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, rosiolady@... wrote:

      > So, Ken, what do you think about this? If I remember correctly, you've
      > said in the past that you don't believe in reincarnation? Or is it the
      > survival of the same personality as before that you don't think happens?
      >
      > This same thing happened with my son when he was very small. He was
      > having nightmares when he was not quite 2 and could only say a few words. He
      > would cry "my legs, my legs!" (although he said it "yegs"). As time went on
      > he was able to say that they had shot his legs out from under him. I'd
      > point to his legs and say, look, you've got new legs now (interestingly, they
      > didn't work too well, something apparently neurological which corrected
      > itself later). He remembered being left because his buddies couldn't save
      > both him and themselves and were convinced he would die anyway. One of his
      > buddies shot him through the head so he couldn't be further tortured by the
      > enemy as he died (for which he felt very grateful). He remembered the enemy
      > airplanes with "round suns" on the side. Again, he was not over 2 years
      > old. He was born in 1968. However, I didn't get his former name, the name
      > of the place, but "Japs" he did say. Interesting that someone was able to
      > verify something like this.
      >
      > Rosalie
      >

      > In a message dated 6/23/2009 2:40:22 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      > bandera_ken@... writes:
      >

      > Check this out.
      >
      > http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=13873561
      >
      > Ken

      > **************Make your summer sizzle with fast and easy recipes for the
      > grill. (http://food.aol.com/grilling?ncid=emlcntusfood00000004)

    • Vanirhawk
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 1, 2009
        "rosiolady@..." wrote:

        > Brief answer: A soul is a specific (individualized but not separate from
        the Whole) form of Energy which is expressing also at this physical/Earth
        plane as a body.

        > I know the Gnostics categorize the soul as the ego, so I'm departing from
        Gnostic terminology here.

        > I think the soul remains in its individualized states going through
        > various
        lives, maybe or maybe not all human or on Earth, collecting experience
        which of course is shared with the All because the soul is actually one with
        the All. IMO

        > Rosalie

        And, may I add, that the soul is the carrier of memory, for people are able,
        through hypnotic regression, to remember previous lives. If the brain was
        the carrier of memory, there would be no remembering of previous lives and
        there would be no child prodigies who bring with them knowledge from
        previous lives. For a list of some of these child prodigies, see

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_child_prodigies

        and

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_music_prodigies .

        Nor does the brain actually produce thought, for it functions only as an
        organic computer, processing the thoughts which come from the soul into
        physical action. The brain is basically the central computer that runs the
        body, while the soul is the programmer of the computer. If the brain was the
        producer of thought, we would not have new ideas nor would we be able to
        invent or create new things, for the brain, like a computer, is only be able
        to produce what it already knows and no more. So, the soul is also the
        producer of thought and ideas. When we think, the soul is in action.

        Further, the soul is our lower self and can communicate with our Spirit when
        we let go of our fears and open ourselves to its inspiration. In Gnostic
        palance, the soul is Sophia, worldly wisdom, through which we are able to
        survive in this material world. It is the source of our instincts, ideas and
        creativity by which we know how to deal with and change the world around us.
        It is through the soul that we gather information.

        The Spirit is the unchanging higher self, the Christ, or higher Wisdom, that
        inspires us to seek our "salvation" from the material world, that shows us
        that this is not all there is, and teaches us to have compassion, to love
        others as ourselves through empathy by seeing ourselves in others. Our
        Spirit is our individual part of the Divine Mind and which does not
        incarnate or change in any way, while the soul is the part of us that
        experiences the material world through its incarnations.

        As the soul raises its vibrations by overcoming its egoic nature, the soul
        and the Spirit eventually unite and become one and the cycle of
        reincarnation stops. This is the Sacred Marriage of Christ and Sophia, also
        called the resurrection and the advent of Christ. Whether this united being
        eventually reunites with the Divine Mind or remains as an individual, I
        really don't know, but it may have a choice in this.

        Linda
      • gnostic_ken
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 2, 2009
          --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, rosiolady@... wrote:

          > So, Ken, what do you think about this? If I remember correctly, you've
          > said in the past that you don't believe in reincarnation? Or is it the
          > survival of the same personality as before that you don't think happens?
          >
          > This same thing happened with my son when he was very small. He was
          > having nightmares when he was not quite 2 and could only say a few words. He
          > would cry "my legs, my legs!" (although he said it "yegs"). As time went on
          > he was able to say that they had shot his legs out from under him. I'd
          > point to his legs and say, look, you've got new legs now (interestingly, they
          > didn't work too well, something apparently neurological which corrected
          > itself later). He remembered being left because his buddies couldn't save
          > both him and themselves and were convinced he would die anyway. One of his
          > buddies shot him through the head so he couldn't be further tortured by the
          > enemy as he died (for which he felt very grateful). He remembered the enemy
          > airplanes with "round suns" on the side. Again, he was not over 2 years
          > old. He was born in 1968. However, I didn't get his former name, the name
          > of the place, but "Japs" he did say. Interesting that someone was able to
          > verify something like this.
          >
          > Rosalie

          Hi Rosalie,
          What do I think? Well, I don't have enough information to know if it's genuine or just somebody trying to make a buck.

          That said, I do know such things happen. I have always had some "past life" memories myself and I did learn how to access more. In fact I used to teach other people how to do it.

          But you are right. I don't believe in reincarnation as it is commonly understood. I see reincarnation as a recycling of energy. I think the thing most people call the soul is an undivided part of something larger. I think upon physical birth the "soul" forgets it is part of something larger and upon physical death it remembers what it has always been. I think past life memories come from the "something larger" and not necessarily from the part that is in the physical body.

          Think of a bottle in the ocean. The bottle is full of ocean water. There is no lid on the bottle so the water in the bottle is really the same as the ocean all around. However the water in the bottle thinks it is something separate from the ocean water. Then the bottle dies, it breaks, and the water realizes it is and always has been ocean water, never separate from the water all around it.

          IMO.

          Ken
        • gnostic_ken
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 2, 2009
            --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <humbleservant1god@...> wrote:

            > hi ken, i finally got to watch the video. if this message is all messed up i apologize. aparently i have forgotten how to type on a real computer! i'm at a days inn in desmoines iowa,and the folks in the lobby listening to the video are pretty convinced,but i kind of have that "i need to witness it to believe it"attitude. it is pretty convincing,but i wished james could have done more explaining than the mother who decided to write the book! i mean no disrespect to anyone who has had an experience like this. as ive said before,i had a little one of my own once. i just have to see the ghost before i say its real,i have to experience evil before i can say its more than just a human condition,and i kind of need to experience a past life before i can say its absolute.my question is i guess, how come some have these experiences and the rest of us dont? i heard the fathers explanation on why his son has had his experiences,but why him and not us? are we not all old souls,or just some? if the answer is just some,well that doesnt make sense to me. what do you believe ken? brian---

            Hi Brian,
            I just answered Rosalie on this and I won't repeat what I said, but I will add a slightly different analogy.

            I see the spirit (soul really means ego) as energy. Think of the energy as water. Pour a glass of water from a pitcher. This is birth. Then pour the water back into the pitcher. This is death. Now pour another glass of water. This is reincarnation. Some of the water in the second glass is likely the same as some of the water in the first glass, but it is by no means the exact same water.

            As I said in my answer to Rosalie, that the water is separate is illusion. Both the pitcher and the glass are in the ocean. All energy is connected.

            IMO.

            Ken
          • rosiolady@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 2, 2009
              I too think there is more to the soul than what it experiences while in
              human life, but don't quite see it as be completely undivided from The All, if
              that's what you mean. I think our past life memories come from the larger
              self we know after death. I think our understanding is close, while not
              being exactly together on this. Thanks for your thoughtful response.

              Rosalie

              In a message dated 7/2/2009 9:52:54 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
              gnostic_ken@... writes:

              But you are right. I don't believe in reincarnation as it is commonly
              understood. I see reincarnation as a recycling of energy. I think the thing
              most people call the soul is an undivided part of something larger. I think
              upon physical birth the "soul" forgets it is part of something larger and
              upon physical death it remembers what it has always been. I think past life
              memories come from the "something larger" and not necessarily from the part
              that is in the physical body.

              **************Dell Summer Savings: Cool Deals on Popular Laptops – Shop
              Now!
              (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222696924x1201468348/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D1)

            • rosiolady@aol.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 2, 2009
                I just want to respond to this part. Brian, no one is asking you to
                accept their experience just as you would your own. Why indeed would we all
                have the same experience (as in past life memories for instance). For that,
                we'd all have to be clones. The fact is for one thing our individual minds
                have to experience through our individual physical brains, and so our
                individual/different types of brain chemistry come into play. Just looking
                around you you can plainly see there is no way that we all know/gnow the same
                "anything."

                Rosalie

                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 2, 2009
                  --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, rosiolady@... wrote:

                  > I too think there is more to the soul than what it experiences while in
                  > human life, but don't quite see it as be completely undivided from The All, if
                  > that's what you mean. I think our past life memories come from the larger
                  > self we know after death. I think our understanding is close, while not
                  > being exactly together on this. Thanks for your thoughtful response.
                  >
                  > Rosalie

                  Hi Rosalie,
                  Thank you.
                  I think the wall of illusion that we are separate is built into our animal brains so that we can function in this dimension as human animals.

                  IMO.