Re: "The Gospel of Mary"

  • gnostic_ken
    Message 1 of 64 , Feb 2, 2009
      --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "vang19th" <vang19th@...>
      wrote:
      > > Go, therefore, and
      > > preach the Gospel of the Kingdom [cf. Matt. 4:23; 9:15; Mark
      16:15].
      > > I have left no commandment but what I have commanded you, and I
      have
      > > given you no law, as the lawgiver did, lest you be bound by it."
      > >
      > > They grieved and mourned greatly, saying, "How shall we go to the
      > > Gentiles and preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of the Son of Man?
      If
      > > even he was not spared, how shall we be spared?"
      > >
      > > Then Mary stood up and greeted all of them and said to her
      > > brethren, "Do not mourn or grieve or be irresolute, for his grace
      > > will be with you all and will defend you. Let us rather praise his
      > > greatness, for he prepared us and made us into men." When Mary
      said
      > > this, their hearts changed for the better, and they began to
      discuss
      > > the words of the [Savior].
      > >
      > Hi ken,
      >
      > Whenever I read in some gnostic scripture I see with my spiritual
      > eye focused at the symbolic content of the words the same, just as
      > do in regard of this statement. A modern minded reader might think
      > that the gospel of Mary is about womens liberation. Well I don´t
      > think so. It´s once again a symbolic display of the whole spiritual
      > endeavor in gnosis, that is, becoming whole, releasing your soul
      from
      > all the distracting impulses that split it and makes it uneasy.
      Being
      > one filled with the tranquility of the spirit. No man, no woman.
      >
      > Soren

      Hi Soren,
      Yeah. That's a good method.

      I do it sort of like word association. Whatever comes to mind I say
      it. Sometimes ancient meaning come to mind. Sometimes modern meanings
      come to mind. Sometimes something completely off the wall comes to
      mind and sometimes I don't get anything.

      Ken
    • rosemary
      Message 64 of 64 , Feb 9, 2009
        sort of an request to "go spell it out"!

        --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "gnostic_ken" <gnostic_ken@...>