Gospel of Thomas Saying 73

  • gnostic_ken
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 11, 2008
      73 Jesus said, "The crop is huge but the workers are few, so beg the
      harvest boss to
      dispatch workers to the fields."
      http://home.epix.net/%7emiser17/trans.html

      73) Jesus said, "The harvest is great but the laborers are few.
      Beseech the Lord, therefore, to send out laborers to the harvest."
      http://listserv.american.edu/catholic/other/gospel.thomas

      73.)
      The harvest is great,
      but the labourers are few.
      Ask the Lord to send
      Labourers to the harvest.
      http://home.epix.net/%7emiser17/johnson.html

      73. Y'shua says: The harvest is indeed plentiful, but the workers
      are few.
      Yet beseech the
      Lord that he send workers into the harvest. (=Mt 9:37-38)
      http://www.metalog.org/thomas.html

      (73) Jesus says:
      (a) "The harvest is plentiful, but there are few workers.
      (b) But beg the Lord that he may send workers into the harvest."
      http://www.geocities.com/mwgrondin/5thGospl.htm

      73
      Workers for the harvest

      JESUS said, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. So
      plead
      with the lord to dispatch workers for the harvest."
      Mt 9:37, Lk 10:2
      Layton translation

      What does this saying - say / mean to you?
    • rosiolady@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 11, 2008
        In a message dated 11/11/2008 7:37:21 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
        gnostic_ken@... writes:

        73
        Workers for the harvest

        JESUS said, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. So
        plead
        with the lord to dispatch workers for the harvest."
        Mt 9:37, Lk 10:2
        Layton translation

        What does this saying - say / mean to you?

        Go out and proselytize; everybody's doing it! LOL Just joking of course.

        Rosalie
        Holiday needs. Search Now.
        -aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)

      • Gnostic Tom
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 11, 2008
          rosiolady@... wrote:

          > In a message dated 11/11/2008 7:37:21 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
          > gnostic_ken@... writes:
          >
          > 73
          > Workers for the harvest
          >
          > JESUS said, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. So
          > plead
          > with the lord to dispatch workers for the harvest."
          > Mt 9:37, Lk 10:2
          > Layton translation
          >
          > What does this saying - say / mean to you?
          >

          > Go out and proselytize; everybody's doing it! LOL Just joking of course.
          >
          > Rosalie

          this upcoming Sunday for Southern Baptist Christians is "Mission Sunday",
          where support for missionaries is expressed in appeals for contributions.
          the new film they show in churches describes how many people there are
          that have never heard of Jesus and how they must hear because Jesus is
          the only way to not spend eternity in hell.

          that is their harvest.

          the modern neo-gnostic movement, or whatever we label ourselves as,
          is for those who have dared step outside the box and think for themselves,
          as it were, harvested from the sheeples.

          perhaps the one sheep out of the hundred that
          went over the hill was trying to escape.

          Gnostic Tom
        • rosiolady@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 11, 2008
            In a message dated 11/11/2008 10:11:31 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
            gnostictom@... writes:

            perhaps the one sheep out of the hundred that
            went over the hill was trying to escape.

            Gnostic Tom

            No kidding! (pun intended). In new-gnostic terms, I don't think you "can"
            proselytize. It would never result in anything except people responding
            outwardly, which is sure pretty meaningless. I would respond outwardly to if
            otherwise you were going to burn me at the stake, for instance. But new-gnostics
            being exposed to the other ideas of new-gnostics is a good tool for
            continued growth, IMO, such as this list and others like it. It keeps us thoughtful.

            Rosalie
            Holiday needs. Search Now.
            -aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)

          • Henry B. Ellak
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 11, 2008

              > 73) The "I AM THAT I AM " said, "The harvest is great but the laborers are few.

              > Send "THE I AM THAT I AM " , , . to the harvest."

              Henry B.Ellak
            • Gnostic Tom
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 12, 2008
                Henry B. Ellak wrote:
                >> 73) The "I AM THAT I AM " said, "The harvest is great but the laborers are few.
                >>

                >> Send "THE I AM THAT I AM " , , . to the harvest."
                >>

                > Henry B.Ellak

                "I am" in Greek is "ego".

                Gnostic Tom

              • rosemary
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 20, 2008
                  Well so true!
                  I'm experiencing this in my life right now..and the crop is
                  overwhelmingly abundant but f*&#ed if i've yet met any brothers and
                  sisters with the courage to reap without sowing! lol
                  certainly the desire is there, and they come for a walk in the
                  fields..but then they are once again overcome by "what if it should
                  fail" and other powerless mantras.
                  please boss...send me workers.. LOL