Re: [GnosticThought] Re: what i gained; an introduction

  • Gnostic Tom
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2008
      rosemary wrote:

      > Hi steve, Am applying for a bank loan to finance my vision of a
      > Gallery studio with cafe/bookshop downstairs.

      that is my exact dream,
      a coffee shop with healthy assembled fresh foods
      with local artists exhibiting their artwork on the wall for sale
      and walls filled with useful books and comfy sofas
      to sit and read them, with wifi internet

      perhaps you could start out smaller,
      a place with cheaper rent,
      buy an espresso machine,
      put up a shelf with your own collection of books,
      make some muffins or find someone who wants to
      supply some sort of food to sell, hang up your art
      and encourage other artists to display their art in
      your store.

      gnostic tom
    • rosiolady@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2008
        In a message dated 7/1/2008 4:43:07 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        gnostictom@... writes:

        that is my exact dream,
        a coffee shop with healthy assembled fresh foods
        with local artists exhibiting their artwork on the wall for sale
        and walls filled with useful books and comfy sofas
        to sit and read them, with wifi internet

        perhaps you could start out smaller,
        a place with cheaper rent,
        buy an espresso machine,
        put up a shelf with your own collection of books,
        make some muffins or find someone who wants to
        supply some sort of food to sell, hang up your art
        and encourage other artists to display their art in
        your store.

        gnostic tom

        I always wanted a book shop too, coffee and art as well of course. I had
        the pleasure of running a very small bookshop and a somewhat larger library for
        a while, a little less than a year, at our friendly neighborhood Science of
        Mind (Religious Science) church. They had the largest metaphysical library
        in the Northwest at the time. It was great! It paid almost nothing, though,
        and I had to support myself and my son so had to look for a "real" job,
        defined as whatever I could do that would earn me the most money. That was in the
        early 80s. Wow that job was the most fun I've ever had working! An
        experience not to be missed! I was also secretary and general factotum to the
        minister, who proved to be a great friend with a marvelous sense of humor--more
        great fun! I wouldn't have missed it for anything!

        Rozee, if you have to start smaller (and if you are able to), I think it
        would be worth it just for the experience and pleasure it could add to your
        life. Obviously, one of your main supports in you original plan was faulty.
        That doesn't mean another better support can't be found. However I understand
        how extraordinarily frustrating something like this can seem. I believe
        you'll find a way!

        Love energy coming your way,

        Rosalie

      • Gnostic Ken
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 1, 2008
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 1, 2008
            --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "rosemary" <itsallrozee@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi steve, Am applying for a bank loan to finance my vision of a
            > Gallery studio with cafe/bookshop downstairs. Am a business
            virgin.
            > Treading carefully!
            > Everything was flowing along nicely, was ready to sign the lease,
            the
            > investor was transferring the money into the account that
            > morning...Everyone was keen as mustard (Keen's is a brand of
            mustard in
            > case you were wondering)...the owner of the building was thrilled,
            the
            > agents astounded as to how quickly I had it all going...when...on
            the
            > full moon..the investor backs out of the deal and i'm left with a
            > challenge. Where to get 35,000 dollars. LOL (and I mean that in the
            > highest sense)
            > Suddenly, all the negative thinkers in my vicinity who had been
            > questioning and doubting and that I could get it going loomed in my
            > mind, a sense of urgency and dire dissapointment arose. My stomach
            > hurt. I was alone...I was cracking, I wanted to scream at
            people "Get
            > out of my thought space you manifest fearers!!!"
            > I was falling fast, options options? I searched for an angle, for
            > equity, for the metaphors that now danced a crazy jig in front of
            me,
            > tongues out and fingers wiggling at the ears....I searched myself
            for
            > any hidden apprehension and found a biggy. I can't stand my
            business
            > partners nuerotic personality. He's excellent at writing proposals
            and
            > dealiong with all the paperwork involved in such ventures, but oh
            god,
            > he's stresses about every dash and dot.
            > a wise woman advised me : "Be still, the solution or direction will
            > come to you, you only have to let it be" Of course I know this
            already
            > but knowing isn't being still. Being still is.

            Hi Rosemary. I hope you can follow your bliss in this direction. Try
            to see hidden opportunities.
            -Steve
          • rosemary
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 1, 2008
              Thanks so much guys! The rent is already very cheap for an inner
              city area, the owner dropped the rent by 15,000 for us! The building
              is just adorable and a personal part of the venture in a strange
              way...The building found me, it's an historical local building with
              gorgeous plantation shutters and to be honest...I just feel so drawn
              to to it as if the building has been waiting for me! (is haunted btw,
              I have seen faces through the windows looking at me) It is the
              building that put the idea into my mind, or at least I 'saw' the plan
              when i saw the place. It has been an interesting journey so far and I
              also believe I just have to be still and find the next direction as
              it is revealed?

              --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, rosiolady@... wrote:

              > In a message dated 7/1/2008 4:43:07 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
              > gnostictom@... writes:
              >

              > that is my exact dream,
              > a coffee shop with healthy assembled fresh foods
              > with local artists exhibiting their artwork on the wall for sale
              > and walls filled with useful books and comfy sofas
              > to sit and read them, with wifi internet
              >
              > perhaps you could start out smaller,
              > a place with cheaper rent,
              > buy an espresso machine,
              > put up a shelf with your own collection of books,
              > make some muffins or find someone who wants to
              > supply some sort of food to sell, hang up your art
              > and encourage other artists to display their art in
              > your store.
              >
              > gnostic tom
              >

              > I always wanted a book shop too, coffee and art as well of course.
              I had
              > the pleasure of running a very small bookshop and a somewhat larger
              library for
              > a while, a little less than a year, at our friendly neighborhood
              Science of
              > Mind (Religious Science) church. They had the largest metaphysical
              library
              > in the Northwest at the time. It was great! It paid almost
              nothing, though,
              > and I had to support myself and my son so had to look for a "real"
              job,
              > defined as whatever I could do that would earn me the most money.
              That was in the
              > early 80s. Wow that job was the most fun I've ever had working!
              An
              > experience not to be missed! I was also secretary and general
              factotum to the
              > minister, who proved to be a great friend with a marvelous sense
              of humor--more
              > great fun! I wouldn't have missed it for anything!
              >
              > Rozee, if you have to start smaller (and if you are able to), I
              think it
              > would be worth it just for the experience and pleasure it could add
              to your
              > life. Obviously, one of your main supports in you original plan
              was faulty.
              > That doesn't mean another better support can't be found. However
              I understand
              > how extraordinarily frustrating something like this can seem. I
              believe
              > you'll find a way!
              >
              > Love energy coming your way,
              >
              > Rosalie

              > fuel-efficient used cars. (http://autos.aol.com/used?
              ncid=aolaut00050000000007)

            • ann graves
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 2, 2008
                I knew you were going to tell us it was haunted...
                interesting...Especially since you said it drew you in...
                perhaps sometimes when buildings or places draw us in maybe
                that is the case...or maybe there is such a thing as
                emotional memories recorded and attached to the raw
                materials of the building... don't know for sure...let me
                know what happens.

                and Good Luck!

                Ann

                _____

[...]

                <mailto:GnosticThought%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com,

              • rosiolady@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 2, 2008
                  In a message dated 7/2/2008 7:10:13 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                  anngraves@... writes:

                  I knew you were going to tell us it was haunted...
                  interesting...Especially since you said it drew you in...
                  perhaps sometimes when buildings or places draw us in maybe
                  that is the case...or maybe there is such a thing as
                  emotional memories recorded and attached to the raw
                  materials of the building... don't know for sure...let me
                  know what happens.

                  and Good Luck!

                  Ann

                  You are right, IMO, that something intuitive is going on when we're drawn to
                  a particular place. It's good to hear from you, Ann, and you're "sounding"
                  good :-). It's been a while since you posted and I've been thinking of you.

                  Rosalie