Re: Just saying goodbye before I exit...

  • letterpi
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 1, 2008
      --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "Brenda" <brenda@...> wrote:

      > > I had several of Fleur's posts marked to answer. I guess I can
      > > delete them now. ;-)
      > >
      > > One thing though. No matter what we sound like, the Gnostic path
      has
      > > no easy answers. It ain't easy realizing you are totally
      responsible
      > > for your own self and the being responsible for your own self is
      > > anything but easy.
      > >
      > > Ken
      >

      > Ken,
      >
      > Well, I'm sorry that my description of an experience from long ago
      > seems to have led her to believe that I'm a new ager that thinks
      > everything is easy. Too bad. She was interesting.
      >

      > Brenda

      Hi Brenda,
      I think that most posters here have a more metaphorical
      interpretation of mythos than she did which limited
      discussion on views. She was interesting. This is just
      my thought when she left. Warmly, Bob
    • Brenda
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 1, 2008
        > Hi Brenda,
        > I think that most posters here have a more metaphorical
        > interpretation of mythos than she did which limited
        > discussion on views. She was interesting. This is just
        > my thought when she left. Warmly, Bob

        Bob,

        I certainly hope that she didn't leave because she was frustrated with
        my weirdness. I was enjoying her posts. I've come to the conclusion
        that I'm not getting older, I'm getting odder. Maybe it's some kind of
        dyslexic thing. ;)

        Brenda
      • rosiolady@aol.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 1, 2008
          In a message dated 3/1/2008 12:31:18 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
          brenda@... writes:

          I've come to the conclusion
          that I'm not getting older, I'm getting odder.

          Hee hee! If so, you're in the right place as I believe this is a place of
          "odd" (in the nicest way) folks! Maybe as you are getting older, you're
          letting your "oddness" have a little more room to roam? I know that's true of me.

          Rosalie

          2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

        • rosiolady@aol.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 1, 2008
            In a message dated 2/29/2008 9:38:27 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
            damaeus@... writes:

            I think people make it harder than it's meant to be by allowing the various
            rules and regulations of belief structures to stand in their way. To
            achieve
            a thing, you must do this, but you shouldn't do that. In my opinion, this
            often leaves people running around forcing themselves to do this, while
            trying
            to avoid doing that.

            Really true, imo. But while I see what you mean about discussion of gnosis
            perhaps being pointless, I find that the sharing of others' points of view
            can stimulate new ideas and considerations for me. I find this is true even of
            the messages I disagree with. On another level, writing out your
            understanding for review by other readers can help you to refine and define your
            current gnosis. IMO, of course.

            Rosalie

            2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

          • martyn
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 1, 2008
              --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, rosiolady@... wrote:

              > In a message dated 3/1/2008 12:31:18 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
              > brenda@... writes:
              >
              > I've come to the conclusion
              > that I'm not getting older, I'm getting odder.
              >

              > Hee hee! If so, you're in the right place as I believe this is a
              place of
              > "odd" (in the nicest way) folks! Maybe as you are getting older,
              you're
              > letting your "oddness" have a little more room to roam? I know
              that's true of me.

              > Rosalie

              Ha Ha IMO all females are odder:-) But then so are us males.

              We are all odder than each other....abstract teachings....
            • Brenda
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 1, 2008
                > Hee hee! If so, you're in the right place as I believe this is a
                place of
                > "odd" (in the nicest way) folks! Maybe as you are getting older,
                you're
                > letting your "oddness" have a little more room to roam? I know
                that's true of me.

                > Rosalie

                Rosalie,

                Maybee oddness is like a weed and it chokes everything else out over
                time. LOL. I probably do encourage it in myself (and others) though. ;)

                Brenda
              • Tom Ragland
                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 3, 2008
                  --- Brenda <brenda@...> wrote:

                  > Well, in discussing it, I have come to a new theory.
                  > Maybe the
                  > knowledge didn't come to me--maybe I went to the
                  > knowledge.
                  >
                  > As someone who has had similar experiences, how do
                  > you think it works?
                  >

                  > Brenda

                  Mario at first has to touch on the things
                  that he collects. Then he gets this ability
                  that attracts the collectables without him
                  having to actually touch them.

                  --Nintendo

                  To those who have a little, more will be given.
                  To those who have none, even what they have
                  will be taken away.

                  --Jesus

                  G n o s t i c . T o m
                  http://www.geocities.com/gnostictom/

                  Be a better friend, newshound, and
                • Ken
                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 4, 2008
                    --- Brenda <brenda@...> wrote:

                    > > Hi Brenda,
                    > > Don't give it another thought. If that is
                    > what
                    > > caused Fleur to unsubscribe then she wouldn't
                    > > have stayed long anyway.
                    > >
                    > > As you know I have had several experiences
                    > > similar to your experience. What I think is
                    > no
                    > > one can really understand unless they have
                    > had
                    > > such an experience. People who have had other
                    > > kinds of mystical experiences can understand
                    > > little. Then people who have never had a
                    > mystical
                    > > experience of any kind tend to just think we
                    > are
                    > > nuts.
                    > >
                    > > IMO.
                    > >
                    > > Ken
                    >

                    > Ken,
                    >
                    > Well, in discussing it, I have come to a new
                    > theory. Maybe the
                    > knowledge didn't come to me--maybe I went to
                    > the knowledge.
                    >
                    > As someone who has had similar experiences, how
                    > do you think it works?
                    >

                    > Brenda

                    Hi Brenda,
                    I don't know. I am like Paul in that I can't tell
                    if I was in the "body" or out of the "body".