Re: Hello, and a Question on an 'Enlightening' Experience

  • Rozee cutrone
    Message 1 of 60 , Feb 1, 2008
      krisnamurti said once...there is nothing to understand! maybe what he
      meant was, there is nothing to understand, only experience. the moment
      we seek or demand clarity on a thing, we obscure it! I love the
      mythology, the first time i read it, it was absolutely familiar to me,
      because the archtypes are in my psyche. it's the psyche we all share as
      part of our human experience.

      --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Gorsuch"
      <michael.gorsuch@...> wrote:

      > I want to thank everyone for taking their time to reply to my first
      > post. I have had a long time interest in gnosticism, but never really
      > understood what it meant until that moment.
      >
      > Does anyone have any recommendations for a simple read on basic
      > gnostic philosophy? I've picked up a little bit of information here
      > or there, but it was mentioned only in passing via various esoteric
      > sources. I know that I can just do a search on Amazon, but sometimes
      > it is hard to differentiate between a solid book and a 'fluffy' one.
      >
      > Thanks again,
      >
      > Michael

    • Ken
      Message 60 of 60 , Mar 13, 2008
        --- Jeanine Wheeler <wheelerjeanine@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Ken, Tom and Members - - -
        >
        > This discussion reminds me of one of
        > Socrates' quotes: "Stop trying to find a good
        > man and be one" ..... (Please interpret the
        > word 'man' to mean 'person'.) IIMO that the
        > word 'person' may be inserted and 'trying' and
        > 'be' may be empathized without injury to the
        > original meaning.
        >
        > Hm-mmm ... 'Just do it'. Sounds like a good
        > mantra to adopt and put in our journey
        > knapsack.
        >
        > Sorry for the interruption,
        > Jeanine

        Right. If you want to change the world change
        yourself and lead by example.