Re: Gospel of Thomas Saying 11

  • Rozee cutrone
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hi Ken, I love when you put these in!
      the first line brings to mind transcendence, where the lower gives
      way to the higher,
      as for giving life to dead things, this is about digesting food,
      assimilating the flesh of animals and plants. but the living food is
      truth..that feeds the immortal spirit. In the light there is nothing
      to do, only being. the one becoming two is when we as whole spirit
      became male and female flesh and mind, we fragment and perhaps too
      for me, a reference to the world of two powers in which we live the
      pairs of opposites and the continued striving to oneness in our
      experience.

      You know i don't think the words i'm using actually describe what the
      saying feels like. It's as if i know and understand what it's saying
      but can't find the correct words.

      --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "ken5906" <bandera_ken@...>
      wrote:

      > Gospel of Thomas Saying 11
      >
      > 11 Jesus said,
      > "This heaven will pass away, and the one above it will pass away.
      >
      > The dead are not alive, and the living will not die.
      > During the days when you ate what is dead, you made it come alive.
      > When you are in the light, what will you do?
      > On the day when you were one, you became two.
      > But when you become two, what will you do?"
      >
      > http://www.misericordia.edu/users/davies/thomas/Trans.htm
      >
      > (11) Jesus said,
      > "This heaven will pass away, and the one above it will pass away.
      > The dead are not alive, and the living will not die.
      > In the days when you consumed what is dead, you made it what is
      > alive.
      > When you come to dwell in the light, what will you do?
      > On the day when you were one you became two.
      > But when you become two, what will you do?"
      >
      > http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html
      >
      > 11.)
      > This Heaven shall pass away
      > and that above shall pass away.
      > The dead no longer live.
      > The living no longer die.
      > When you ate good things
      > It was you who gave them life.
      > But what are you going to do in the Light?
      > When you were one
      > You were made two, but when you are two,
      > what are you going to do?
      >
      > http://home.epix.net/%7emiser17/johnson.html
      >
      > 11. Y'shua says:
      > This sky shall pass away, and the one above it shall pass away.
      > And the dead are not alive, and the living shall not die.
      > In the days when you consumed the dead,
      > you transformed it to life--when you come into the Light, what will
      > you do?
      > On the day when you were together, you became separated--
      > yet when you have become separated, what will you do?
      > (Mt 24:35)
      >
      > http://www.metalog.org
      >
      > (11) Jesus says:
      > (1) "This heaven will pass away, and the (heaven) above it will
      pass
      > away.
      > (2) And the dead are not alive, and the living will not died.
      > (3) In the days when you consumed what was dead, you made it alive.
      > When you are in the light, what will you do?
      > (4) On the day when you were one, you became two.
      > But when you become two, what will you do?
      >
      > http://www.geocities.com/mwgrondin/5thGospl.htm

    • Ken
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
        --- Rozee cutrone <itsallrozee@...> wrote:

        > You know i don't think the words i'm using actually
        > describe what the
        > saying feels like. It's as if i know and understand
        > what it's saying
        > but can't find the correct words.

        That's because we are using words to describe that
        which cannot be described with words.