Re: [GnosticThought] The Literlist Old Testament--humor

  • hoary*
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2007
      'You'... quoted and asked:

      >*d)* Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and
      >female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations.  A friend
      >of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians.  Can
      >you clarify?
      >
      >Why can't I own Canadians?
      >Is there something wrong with them due to the weather?

      Nope...
      it's because of Language.
      [aka... We / they ... tribal-chauvinism.]

      'You' speak English; thus, 'you' can have Spanish speaking Mexicans
      and French speaking Canadians, but not English speaking Canadians.

      But...
      since most of todays French-Canadians are bilingual French~English...
      there is much less litigation instigated by just exempting All-Canadians.

      imo,

      hoary*
    • cjnobile
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20, 2007
        Thanks for the sharp, satirical & ironic utterances!