Mystics of the Medieval and Enlightenment Periods this Sun on CCG

  • miguelconner
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2007
      After the end of the classical era, after the Gnostics had been wiped
      out, through the Dark Ages and the tumult of the Enlightenment Period,
      all was not lost. Various mystics, along with the secret
      fraternities, acted as torchbearers of the seemingly lost gnosis.
      Many of them uncovered deeper truths and changed the esoteric panorama
      that have benefited our modern age. Many of them were persecuted and
      gave up their lives for the greater reality. We honor some of them
      this week.

      Philip Gardiner, best-selling author of `Gnosis: The Secrets of
      Solomon's Temple Revealed', `The Shining Ones' & `Secrets of The
      Serpent' returns to `Coffee, Cigarettes, & Gnosis' this Sunday, March
      4, at 3 PM PST/5 PM CST/6 PM EST at Freethoughtmedia.com. Just click
      the `ON AIR' button under the banner (if there is ever a problem
      simply go to the direct feed at http://infidelguy.primcast.com:8313/).

      Topics Discussed:

      --The magic of Eliphas Levi, including his discoveries of the astral
      fire, the micro and macro universes, the hypnagogue and more.
      --The impact of Paracelsus, who beyond being the father of toxicology
      and an innovator of medicine, brought forth amazing secrets of
      alchemy, astrology and magic to the Western World.
      --We touch upon Giordano Bruno, Jacob Bohme, John Dee and many other
      mystics that held the keys of gnosis through the storms of historical
      ignorance of man's divinity.
      --Phil gives us more on his evolving views of the serpent and the
      goddess archetypes that are gaining strength in our era.
      --Are there any modern mystics or has the age of specialization and
      reason taken away the potential for future giants of the esoteric?

      The real martyrs are not those who die for a cause, but those who have
      given their lives for a deeper truth and meaning for mankind's sake.
      If we forget about them we might forget about our responsibility to
      carry our own torches through the domain of the Demiurge.

      Abraxas