Re: [GnosticThought] Re: familiars

  • Lyric
    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 3, 2001
      MM Nancy!
      (((((hugs)))))

      --- Nancy <shengirl@...> wrote:
      > Well if this was the Dark Ages I'd certainly be
      > accused of witchcraft,
      > as I seem to attract black cats. All kinds of cats,
      > actually, but
      > especially black ones.

      ROFL! Well I am both an ecclectic Christian and a
      white witch sooooo....

      > My totem animal is the crow or raven. I think it is
      > important to note
      > here that you do not pick the totem animal, the
      > animal picks you- you
      > have to be alert and observant enough to notice
      > that.

      Agreed...my familiar is a cat...he shows up in
      different forms <meaning different cat breed but with
      the exact same eyes> when i am in spiritual crisis of
      some sort...

      When a certain
      > animal keeps popping up in your life, or at odd or
      > inappropriate times,
      > or seems to like you and be at ease around you and
      > not others, that's
      > the one to look out for. It could be a bear, a
      > spider, a hummingbird, a
      > fox, anything. And it will have a message for you,
      > lessons to teach you,
      > but you have to listen and think and find out what
      > that message is.
      > There will be a communication between you, when you
      > become aware and
      > attuned to your totem animal- it isn't just carrying
      > around a certain
      > charm because you think bears are neat.

      Well said...only i would reword <in my experience>
      inappropriate times as times of indecision or crisis
      or aptitude....

      I have read
      > of a woman who was
      > saved from attack by a mountain lion, by the
      > insistent carrying on of a
      > crow on a shed roof behind her. When she looked,
      > there was a cougar,
      > crouched and watching her. I myself was "warned" and
      > avoided a nasty car
      > accident by a crow. They always seem to be around,
      > cawing at me wherever
      > I go, and have at times seemed to bring about a
      > mystical encounter with
      > something. I have concluded that crows and ravens
      > are the creature that
      > brings about an interaction between two otherwise
      > static worlds, in
      > their traditional role of tricksters (they are said
      > to be the most
      > intelligent of all birds). The worlds of the living
      > and the dead, or the
      > gods and humans. Without the trickster gods stirring
      > things up, these
      > worlds would never have a reason to interact. So
      > they are gatekeepers,
      > which fits me perfectly as I work in Hospice and
      > have a part in helping
      > people cross over, a sort of gatekeeper myself, and
      > have had contacts
      > with people who have died.

      I am truly moved my friend...it isn't always you find
      souls that experience the profound that others roll
      their eyes at...
      However i must note that while your familiar is a crow
      it is not necessarily so for others <as u have already
      said :)>

      > It can get positively weird around here in the fall-
      > I go out on the
      > deck in the morning, the leaves are turning, black
      > cats are milling
      > around my ankles, and my crows fly up into the oak
      > trees behind the
      > house, cawing at me (hey lady, you got food?). The
      > picture of Halloween
      > :-)

      ROFLMAO...r we related?

      bb
      Lyric

      =====
      "It is not having lived in the dark house, but having left it that matters"

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • horny247@playful.com
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 7, 2001
        HAHAHAHAHA George, you nut! ;)

        Yeah, I always called them horny toads too (although my spelling was
        different than yours), until there was a misunderstanding when asking
        about any spiritual significance of them.

        Apparently there is an actual toad which has horns and is therefore
        the true horned toad. People 'round here know what I mean when I say
        "horny toad", but out in cyberspace, not everyone knows what I'm
        talking about.

        I also never saw them do anything unusual.

        Energi