Re: [GnosticThought] Re: Visions Lyric for Robin

  • Nancy
    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 1, 2001
      Oh yeah, every religion has its mystical side- or I should say the main
      western religions: Islam has the Sufis, Jews have the Kabbalah (and to
      many peoples' surprise, there is a thread in Orthodox Judaism that is
      very mystical, believes in reincarnation, etc.), and Christianity has
      Gnosticism. Really, the eastern religions pretty much ARE "mysticism",
      as well as the "primitive" religions (shamanism, etc.). The concept of
      trying three times to be forgiven for a wrong, and the hardening of the
      heart, is Jewish, actually.

      Nancy

      BitsyCat1@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 8/31/01 9:10:49 PM, shengirl@...
      > writes:
      >
      > << then some of the burden of
      > the wrong that was done becomes that person's as well, for "hardening
      > of
      > the heart." >>
      >
      > The burden is then shifted to the person because the witnesses and the
      >
      > Church( allother people ) know you did the right thing and they
      > forgave,
      > whereas the person in question has held to bitterness or revenge
      > (which are
      > condemned by the same faith)
      > I have many Catholic and Anglican Links (not to let anyone think
      > that IM
      > anti any religion) but rather I do not see visions or manifestations
      > as a
      > pointer to any One faith.( Scripture study and scholarship is simply
      > my
      > historical knowledge)
      > I believe this occurs to even non Christians ( Ie Visions) and goes
      > far back
      > to Shamams etc and Druids as well Just my opinion regards
      > johnmoon3717@...
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      [Lose 20 lbs by November 5th!]

      "Don't understand me too quickly."

      Message 2 of 28 , Sep 4, 2001
        In a message dated 8/31/01 7:35:32 AM Central Daylight Time, rvisit@...
        writes:

        > Hi George,
        >
        > Thanks for the welcome. Anything new happening to you? I have had two
        > OBEs and seem to get smells of perfume around me latley.. Lots of
        > interesting things..Hey also like you saw on my site interesting
        > encounter with Jesus. But I don't know what He wants? I was raised
        > Methodist but feel He wants me to go to His catholic church because
        > Mother Mary came to me in a vision.
        > So I am sitting here not knowing what to do.... Have you had any
        > dreams visions with Jesus George? You have had lots of spiritual
        > thing happen to you to.
        >
        > Take Care, Robin

        Hi Robin,
        Good to hear from you again. I twisted my knee and was unable to work so I
        had to trust the Universe for a while. The Universe came thru as usual.

        Funny, when Mary came to me was when I became a pagan. But if your little
        voice inside tells you to become Catholic, then follow that path.

        When I heard a voice which I thought was Jesus I became a Christian. Or tried
        to anyway. It just didn't work for me. Several years later Mary came to me
        and turned into the Goddess. I said "You are Mary?" She said "I am not the
        one to whom Jesus was born. I am the one who comes when people call for
        Mary." I took this to mean the Mary who comes to people is the female aspect
        of God. The Goddess. At that point I left Christianity and became a pagan.

        I now believe that both the voice and the "Mary" were my higher self talking
        to me.

        As for the perfume. Yes I have often had the smell of perfume all around me.
        I have no idea what it is.

        George
      • BitsyCat1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 28 , Sep 4, 2001
          In a message dated 9/4/01 8:11:42 AM, GeorgeHarvey2621@... writes:

          << As for the perfume. Yes I have often had the smell of perfume all around
          me.
          I have no idea what it is.

          George >>

          In my case I think it is the Avatar after shave but I could be wrong?regards
          johnmoon3717@...
        • Lyric
          Message 4 of 28 , Sep 4, 2001
            MM Guys!

            --- BitsyCat1@... wrote:

            > In a message dated 9/4/01 8:11:42 AM,
            > GeorgeHarvey2621@... writes:
            >
            > << As for the perfume. Yes I have often had the
            > smell of perfume all around
            > me.
            > I have no idea what it is.

            Well I would pose the same question to you my
            friend...what do you believe about the spirit world
            and do you believe in quantum physics where the
            past/present/future coexist on different planes, or do
            you believe the spirit of one with unfinished business
            perse remains trapped in the earthly realm...

            > In my case I think it is the Avatar after shave but
            > I could be wrong?regards
            ROFL!
            BB
            Lyric

            =====
            "It is not having lived in the dark house, but having left it that matters"

            http://im.yahoo.com
          • Robin
            Message 5 of 28 , Sep 4, 2001
              Hi George good to hear from you again to! I hope your knee feels
              better. I said a little prayer for it's healing. Thanks for sharing
              your Mary story. I have got a lot of mails with all kinds of Jesus
              and Mary encounters. I had a new one two nights ago. I will share it
              with you...

              I was in a dream watching these little white balls go through a tough
              maze. They were getting jammed on the corners. Lots of them jammed
              not moving. I would blow on them and try to help them move along.
              Then I took my coat off opened it and filled it with the balls. I was
              so happy and turned and fell to my knees on these stairs and lifted
              my arms as high as I could holding the coat full of balls. Then at
              the top of the few stairs was Jesus and He turned around and looked
              at me with these Amazing Eyes! He was wearing a long off white robe
              not tied at the waist. He was pleased that I was kneeling and took
              the coat full of balls and held them to His body. They dissolved into
              His body. I loved Him so deeply so very much with all of my being.

              Blessings, Robin
            • GeorgeHarvey2621@cs.com
              Message 6 of 28 , Sep 5, 2001
                shengirl@... writes:

                > Oh yeah, every religion has its mystical side- or I should say the main
                > western religions: Islam has the Sufis, Jews have the Kabbalah (and to
                > many peoples' surprise, there is a thread in Orthodox Judaism that is
                > very mystical, believes in reincarnation, etc.), and Christianity has
                > Gnosticism. Really, the eastern religions pretty much ARE "mysticism",
                > as well as the "primitive" religions (shamanism, etc.). The concept of
                > trying three times to be forgiven for a wrong, and the hardening of the
                > heart, is Jewish, actually.
                >
                > Nancy

                Hi Nancy,
                Our meditation group has been studying the Kabbalah. To me it is very similar
                to what I have read about ancient Gnosticism. I think we can fill in the
                holes about what we know about Gnosticism by studying both the Kabbalah and
                Buddhism.

                I don't mean to leave the Sufis out of this. I just simply do not know
                anything about the Sufis or what they believe.

                George
              • GeorgeHarvey2621@cs.com
                Message 7 of 28 , Sep 5, 2001
                  In a message dated 9/4/01 10:11:34 AM Central Daylight Time,
                  luminaryl@... writes:

                  > MM Guys!
                  >
                  > --- BitsyCat1@... wrote:
                  > >
                  > > In a message dated 9/4/01 8:11:42 AM,
                  > > GeorgeHarvey2621@... writes:
                  > >
                  > > << As for the perfume. Yes I have often had the
                  > > smell of perfume all around
                  > > me.
                  > > I have no idea what it is.
                  >
                  > Well I would pose the same question to you my
                  > friend...what do you believe about the spirit world
                  > and do you believe in quantum physics where the
                  > past/present/future coexist on different planes,

                  Yes

                  or do
                  > you believe the spirit of one with unfinished business
                  > perse remains trapped in the earthly realm...

                  Yes, I believe both

                • GeorgeHarvey2621@cs.com
                  Message 8 of 28 , Sep 5, 2001
                    In a message dated 9/4/01 7:40:42 PM Central Daylight Time, rvisit@...
                    writes:

                    > Hi George good to hear from you again to! I hope your knee feels
                    > better. I said a little prayer for it's healing. Thanks for sharing
                    > your Mary story. I have got a lot of mails with all kinds of Jesus
                    > and Mary encounters. I had a new one two nights ago. I will share it
                    > with you...
                    >
                    > I was in a dream watching these little white balls go through a tough
                    > maze. They were getting jammed on the corners. Lots of them jammed
                    > not moving. I would blow on them and try to help them move along.
                    > Then I took my coat off opened it and filled it with the balls. I was
                    > so happy and turned and fell to my knees on these stairs and lifted
                    > my arms as high as I could holding the coat full of balls. Then at
                    > the top of the few stairs was Jesus and He turned around and looked
                    > at me with these Amazing Eyes! He was wearing a long off white robe
                    > not tied at the waist. He was pleased that I was kneeling and took
                    > the coat full of balls and held them to His body. They dissolved into
                    > His body. I loved Him so deeply so very much with all of my being.
                    >

                    > Blessings, Robin

                    Hi Robin,

                    Thank you, my knee is much better. It is so good I have to remember to be
                    careful so as to not hurt it again for the fourth time.

                    That is an interesting Jesus story. What do you think it means?

                    George
                  • carly smith
                    Message 9 of 28 , Sep 5, 2001
                      > I was in a dream watching these little white balls go through a tough
                      >maze. They were getting jammed on the corners. Lots of them jammed not
                      >moving. I would blow on them and try to help them move along. Then I took
                      >my coat off opened it and filled it with the balls. I was so happy and
                      >turned and fell to my knees on these stairs and lifted my arms as high as
                      >I could holding the coat full of balls. Then at the top of the few stairs
                      >was Jesus and He turned around and looked at me with these Amazing Eyes!
                      >He was wearing a long off white robe not tied at the waist. He was pleased
                      >that I was kneeling and took the coat full of balls and held them to His
                      >body. They dissolved into His body. I loved Him so deeply so very much
                      >with all of my being.
                      > Blessings, Robin
                      >

                      >Hi Robin,
                      >
                      >Thank you, my knee is much better. It is so good I have to remember to >be
                      >careful so as to not hurt it again for the fourth time.
                      >
                      >That is an interesting Jesus story. What do you think it means?
                      >
                      >George

                      I think the white balls are white entities or souls that need a little
                      direction and Robin was the one to lead them on. Then the souls were
                      absorbed into Jesus.

                    • Lyric
                      Message 10 of 28 , Sep 5, 2001
                        MM George!
                        Me too...don't figure huh?
                        BB
                        Lyric

                        =====

                        Message 11 of 28 , Sep 5, 2001
                          MM George_
                          Good luck hun...I am having brain damage after 18
                          months of studying Kabbalism <as a dear list friend of
                          mine and Penn's practices this very secretive artful
                          spiritual path> and I am barely cracking the
                          surface...
                          they even have a separate, more intricate alphabet
                          than Hebrew, 52 demons, 52 angels, countless imprinted
                          medallions, spells, and incorporation of the
                          alchemistic squares in a circular pattern...
                          my brain hurts...
                          BB
                          Lyric

                          =====

                          Message 12 of 28 , Sep 5, 2001
                            In a message dated 9/5/01 2:21:11 PM, GeorgeHarvey2621@... writes:

                            << on't mean to leave the Sufis out of this. I just simply do not know
                            anything about the Sufis or what they believe.

                            If you wish I have a Sufi Link<A
                            HREF="http://www.arches.uga.edu/~godlas/Sufism.html">Sufism, Sufis, and Sufi
                            Orders: Sufism's Many P…</A>
                            http://www.arches.uga.edu/~godlas/Sufism.html
                            I suggest you read about Arabi hes a major writer in sufi regards
                            johnmoon3717@...
                          • *****
                            Message 13 of 28 , Sep 6, 2001
                              Darn it! I go on vacation, and I get on here 4 days later to find
                              something facinating like this, but can't find the entire thread.
                              What happened?

                              I'm facinated because I just read in a book entitled The Magus of Java
                              that spirits are in some cultures called scent eaters. They tend to
                              like things like coffee and tea, but are generally offended by sugar.
                              In many cultures it is commonplace to talk to the spirits in your
                              home etc... pouring them a cup of coffee on Tuesday etc... Someone in
                              the book asked if anyone dies in America if we don't see spirits...

                              Energi