Re: Question (sin?)

  • athenakreta
    Message 1 of 372 , Jul 31, 2006
      Hi Dominick

      I had a Native American shaman tell me once; "To say you "believe" in
      something, also means you can change that "belief" at any time in you
      life without regrets, as it is only a "belief" and not a truth."

      Athena

      --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "Dominick A. Versetto"
      <dominick@...> wrote:

      > I know that for me, it was very difficult to let go of what I had
      > come to believe. I had thirty years invested in it. But, the more I
      > thought about what I believed, the more I realized that what I
      > believed had no real support. I believed what I had been tought
      > without question. Once I began questioning and realy investigating
      > the sources of that belief, the more it fell apart. I realized that
      > when it came to spiritual subjects, I had no real foundation at
      all.
      > I didn't realy KNOW anything. I only believed things I was told or
      > had read without concern for whether that information was
      > defensable. The knowledge belonged to someone else, not me.
      >
      > I'm 55 years old now. I've finally become comfortable with the fact
      > that I don't know much, if anything, about what is beyond this life
      > that I lead. My favorite answer to questions about spirituality
      > is "I don't know". I don't think I can know. I believe that when I
      > need to know, I will. I hope it's not too soon.
      >
      > dominick
      >
      > --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, Mriana <mriana1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Then what I've been thinking about Christianity evolving from
      > mythology, esp Greek mythology maybe true. If so, what does this
      > mean for thinking and well learned liberal Christains like me?
      I've
      > done a lot of reading of some of Spong's writings and I have come
      > realize that he maybe right. A lot of us who have studied other
      > religions both past and present are going to come across this and
      > put it together just as I have. Seems very damaging to what has
      > been drilled into many of us and brings about more questions to
      > numerous and complicated to ask here maybe. If it is all myth,
      then
      > such beliefs will change or even fall completely apart probably
      > within the next few generations due to more and better educational
      > systems. As Spong has said, our thinking about God must change. I
      > can not say God does not exist, but I struggle with what I've been
      > taught about Jesus over the years due to my religious and
      historical
      > studies. I'm starting to babble, but I think if anyone
      > > will understand what I am getting at here and my thinking, it
      > will be the people in this group and probably Bishop Spong. Such
      > things can not possibly stand up to the more liberal and educated
      > thinkers.
      > >
      > > Mriana
      > >
      > > Penn <p3nndrag0n@> wrote:
      > > MM Mriana
      > >
      > > Yes it was. His child was Hercules. Another savour figure in a
      > sense. I used to list to my mum (a Croation) pronounce Jesus in her
      > own language and realised it came out sounding like "Hey Zeus"
      > >
      > > MP
      > > Penn
      > >
      > > --
      > > The principle of a Gnostic Church is to be adogmatic, because a
      > Church of Gnosis, that is ? of Wisdom, by its very nature, is one
      of
      > constant evolution
      > >
      > > Robert Ambelain

    • Penn
      Message 372 of 372 , Aug 23, 2006
        MM Mriana

        He used pray instead of prey ;)

        MP
        Penn

        --
        There is only one mirror without flaw: The Divine, in whom what is revealed is received as it is. For this mirror is not essentially different from any existing thing. Rather in every existing thing it is that which is. It is the universal form of being.

        Nicholas of Cusa, Catholic Cardinal (1400-1464)

        I'm still trying to figure out the pun. :(

        Mriana

        Penn <p3nndrag0n@...> wrote:
        MM Ken

        I missed (mist) the pun on first reading it but definatelt LOL

        MP
        Penn

        --
        But the soul must abandon her own being. This is where the death that is spiritual begins. If the soul is to undergo this death, then she must take leave of herself and all things, holding herself and all things to be as insignificant as they were before they existed ... I do not mean that the being of the soul falls into nothingness as she was before she was created, rather we should understand this cessation to be the eradication of possessing and having.

        Meister Eckhart

        --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, sam wrote:

        > And... throughout recorded history...
        > pray-animals... have been the least humane.
        >

        > imo,
        >
        > sam

        Hi Sam,
        LOL! I agree.