Re: Shaman -(spiritual healing)

  • gnostic_ken
    Message 1 of 20 , May 1, 2006
      --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, old bob <bbferrier@...> wrote:

      > Seshua
      > Humorous? Maybe but I speak of my experiences
      > expecting the same reactions. It seems to me that
      > shamanism gets so little press compared with other
      > spiritual events. In most forums when I say the word,
      > I get a lot of polite 'oh yeh's and 'uh kinda like's
      > and the subject gets changed to something more
      > fashionable. I've learned to simply keep my
      > experiences to myself, except in this group, of all
      > places. The link you provided is interesting and I,
      > for one, would like to hear more of your ideas. A word
      > about myself. I've been accused of being shaman but I
      > don't think I'm there yet.
      >
      > Ruth and old bob

      Hi Ruth or Bob or whoever you are ;-),
      I think in Gnosticism we are all our own shamans. In religions the
      priests, preachers, gurus, etc are shamans.

      Ken
    • gnostic_ken
      Message 2 of 20 , May 1, 2006
        --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan McGregor Bethel"
        <jonathanbethel@...> wrote:

        > I know it sounds humorous, but I consider myself an Urban Shaman. My
        > Shamanic name is Seshua. Here is a link with R U Sirius, the writer
        of
        > Timothy Leary's last book and writer for Wired Magazine, about two
        life
        > changing Shamanic visions I have had:
        >

        > http://www.life-enhancement.com/NeoFiles/default.asp?ID=60
        >

        > Seshua

        Hi Seshua,
        I don't understand. Why do you think it sounds humorous to consider
        yourself an urban shamon?

        Ken
      • gnostic_ken
        Message 3 of 20 , May 1, 2006
          --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, rosiolady@... wrote:

          > In a message dated 4/28/2006 5:24:22 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
          > bbferrier@... writes:
          >
          > Hi Jen
          > Yeh, you can see why I was reluctant to post this
          > question to Sky. Shamanism is practically off topic
          > here. Just taking advantage of Skys knowlege on my
          > part. If you think its off topic, I'll delete it.
          > What do you think?
          >
          > Ruth and old bob
          >

          > I sure hope Shamanism is not off-topic here! I'd like to know
          more about
          > it. I've been on this list a while and have seen near-offensive
          and down-right
          > offensive ideas posted from time to time, but as long as we don't
          get too
          > mean in our exchanges, the dear moderators leave us alone.
          There's no way
          > talking about Shamanism qualifies as mean.
          >
          > Rosalie

          Shamanism isn't off topic here.