Re: [GnosticThought] Re: Doubt

  • Tom Ragland
    Message 1 of 30 , Dec 1, 2005
      --- "Dominick A. Versetto" <dominick@...>
      wrote:

      > If my reality changes, then everyone's reality
      > changes. I don't see
      > that occuring. I've never experienced reality
      > changing. It seems
      > that it has always been.
      >
      > dominick

      must be bliss, dude

      I think quite a few of us on this list
      have experienced having the reality pulled out
      from underneath our feet more than once.
      It is where you have to paradigm shift
      and stop and regroup because something
      that was once a foundation in perspective
      was proven to be a lie
      and you aha (or as I put it: ah ha)
      and the electron of your reality
      finds a different orbit and you evolve
      into a reality you never knew existed before

      this is what is called a "gnostic experience"
      and the collection of these makes one a "gnostic",
      all the rest is just mind games and speculation.

      the experiences can be disturbing and unbalancing

      The simpliest explanation is usually right.
      -- "Gnostic Tom" / Tom Ragland --
      http://www.geocities.com/gnostictom/
      --==>Noble Eightfold Path of Christ<==--
      --==>Buddha Turns the Kabbalah Wheel<==--

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Tom Ragland
      Message 2 of 30 , Dec 1, 2005
        --- George Harvey <georgeharvey@...> wrote:

        > Hi Dominick,
        > To my last comments on this subject I add:
        >
        > Being an atheist isn't so bad. I was an atheist for
        > years and right now I'm not far from being an
        > atheist according to Christian belief. Christians
        > think that anyone who does not believe in God is an
        > atheist and I certainly don't believe in their God
        > or anything remotely like it. No Cosmic Boogyman
        > with a plan for me.
        >
        > George

        Socrates was condemned for being an atheist,
        for daring to state that the gods didn't exist.

        Buddha was labeled as atheist by the Hindus,
        for daring to state that venerating the gods
        is not the way to enlightenment.

        Jesus presented a Father so alien to the
        Pharisee God that they accused him of being
        possessed by a devil.

        The simpliest explanation is usually right.
        -- "Gnostic Tom" / Tom Ragland --
        http://www.geocities.com/gnostictom/
        --==>Noble Eightfold Path of Christ<==--
        --==>Buddha Turns the Kabbalah Wheel<==--

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • George Harvey
        Message 3 of 30 , Dec 1, 2005

          Hi Dominick,
          I didn't say this in my first reply to you because it might be important for you to consider trying atheism, but one cannot achieve Gnosis from reading and logic alone.

          Depression, the long night of the soul, a spiritual crisis, does seem to be a first step in achieving Gnosis.

          Second, one must ask or knock. Pray to whatever and ask it to reveal itself to you. Who or what you ask does not seem to be important, it is the asking that is important.

          And, this is the most important, be willing to learn. Be willing to find out that absolutely everything you know and believe is wrong.

          George
        • George Harvey
          Message 4 of 30 , Dec 1, 2005

            This too is very good advice. Quit searching and Just Be. Let the Gnosis find you.

            George
          • George Harvey
            Message 5 of 30 , Dec 1, 2005

              More good advice.

              Thank you.

              George
            • JOHN MOON
              Message 6 of 30 , Dec 2, 2005
                --- brenda <enrgycurv@...> wrote:

                > and What Is Reality?
                >
                > Brendamarie
                >
                > From: "Dominick A. Versetto" <
                >
                > > I'm not sure if it's depression or what.
                > >
                > > I find that the more involved I get in religious
                > discussions, the more
                > > I find myself closing in on the atheist position.
                > >
                > > I've been doing a lot of reading the past few
                > years. So far I find the
                > > evidence more and more questionable regarding the
                > existence of
                > > anything beyond reality.
                > >
                > > Maybe I need to read more.
                > >
                > > dominick
                > >

                > > To unsubscribe from this list send a message to:
                > >

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                The current PAradigm
                regards

                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              • George Harvey
                Message 7 of 30 , Dec 5, 2005

                  Hi Tom,
                  Me too, having experienced the state that is much more real than "real" this reality now seems very much unreal to me.

                  George