RE: [GnosticThought] Re: This makes no sense to me

  • George Harvey
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 31, 2005

      As I said, that works too.
      One of the things about these myths is they are sort of like Zen stories. Everyone doesn't have to get the same message. You get what is right for you.

      My interpretation is slightly different than yours. Mine is more like no matter how full you are there is always room for Jello and there is always more Jello.

      George
    • Brian Joseph
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 3, 2005
        --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, George Harvey
        <georgeharvey@i...> wrote:

> [...]
        Hi George,
        I agree. I think that one can get different levels at different
        times. It is amazing that we can sometimes look at something that we
        have read over and over again and then look at it and understand it
        in a different way that often seems like it should have been obvious
        the first time.These are aha moments.
        Brian
      • Tom Ragland
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 4, 2005
          --- George Harvey <georgeharvey@...> wrote:

          > My interpretation is slightly different than yours.
          > Mine is more like no matter how full you are there
          > is always room for Jello and there is always more
          > Jello.
          >
          > George

          you keep thinking
          "now I've finally got it"
          and you consider yourself done,
          you've just had an epiphany of
          the latest "ah ha" moment
          and for an instance it is all clear
          and all makes sense

          i saw a science class demonstration once
          where the professor filled a glass with
          big rocks
          was the glass full? yes.
          then he took little pebbles and added them
          to the glass with the big rocks
          was the glass now full? yes.
          then he took sand and added it to the glass
          with the big rocks and little pepples
          was the glass now full? yes.
          he then took water and poured it into
          the glass with the big rocks and little
          pebbles and sand
          was the glass now full? yes.
          he emptied the wet sand and big rocks
          and pebbles from the glass and held it up
          was the glass now full?
          yes, full of nitrogen and oxygen and
          carbon dioxide.

          De omnibus dubitandum: One Must Doubt Everything
          -- "Gnostic Tom" / Tom Ragland --
          http://www.geocities.com/gnostictom/
          --==>Noble Eightfold Path of Christ<==--
          --==>Buddha Turns the Kabbalah Wheel<==--

          __________________________________
          http://farechase.yahoo.com
        • George Harvey
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 4, 2005

            Hi Tom,
            Exactly.
            That is why I say I don't have faith or dogma. I have beliefs which are my best guesses at this time and are subject to change as I gain new information.

            George
          • George Harvey
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 4, 2005

              Hi Brian,
              Exactly. The first time I read Gnostic myths they looked like complete nonsense to me.

              George