RE: [GnosticThought] Re: This makes no sense to me

  • George Harvey
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 31, 2005

      As I said, that works too.
      One of the things about these myths is they are sort of like Zen stories. Everyone doesn't have to get the same message. You get what is right for you.

      My interpretation is slightly different than yours. Mine is more like no matter how full you are there is always room for Jello and there is always more Jello.

      George
    • JennyG
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 1, 2005
        >>Hi Tom,
        After reading the initial post I thought of going over it line by
        line as you have. Then while reading the replies I see that you
        already have. I think that you did a very good job of
        explaining/intuiting this.
        Brian <<

        God knows I love this little corner of cyberspace.
        many thanks.

        Jen
      • George Harvey
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 1, 2005

          Hi Tom,
          Thanks.
          I thought about going through and substituting the words Gnosis, spirit, soul, Sophia, etc. in various combinations to see what meanings popped out. I didn't have the time so I just gave my gut reaction.

          George

          George
        • Brian Joseph
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 3, 2005
            --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, George Harvey
            <georgeharvey@i...> wrote:

> [...]
            Hi George,
            I agree. I think that one can get different levels at different
            times. It is amazing that we can sometimes look at something that we
            have read over and over again and then look at it and understand it
            in a different way that often seems like it should have been obvious
            the first time.These are aha moments.
            Brian
          • Tom Ragland
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 4, 2005
              --- George Harvey <georgeharvey@...> wrote:

              > My interpretation is slightly different than yours.
              > Mine is more like no matter how full you are there
              > is always room for Jello and there is always more
              > Jello.
              >
              > George

              you keep thinking
              "now I've finally got it"
              and you consider yourself done,
              you've just had an epiphany of
              the latest "ah ha" moment
              and for an instance it is all clear
              and all makes sense

              i saw a science class demonstration once
              where the professor filled a glass with
              big rocks
              was the glass full? yes.
              then he took little pebbles and added them
              to the glass with the big rocks
              was the glass now full? yes.
              then he took sand and added it to the glass
              with the big rocks and little pepples
              was the glass now full? yes.
              he then took water and poured it into
              the glass with the big rocks and little
              pebbles and sand
              was the glass now full? yes.
              he emptied the wet sand and big rocks
              and pebbles from the glass and held it up
              was the glass now full?
              yes, full of nitrogen and oxygen and
              carbon dioxide.

              De omnibus dubitandum: One Must Doubt Everything
              -- "Gnostic Tom" / Tom Ragland --
              http://www.geocities.com/gnostictom/
              --==>Noble Eightfold Path of Christ<==--
              --==>Buddha Turns the Kabbalah Wheel<==--

              __________________________________
              http://farechase.yahoo.com
            • George Harvey
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 4, 2005

                Exactly.
                That is why I say I don't have faith or dogma. I have beliefs which are my best guesses at this time and are subject to change as I gain new information.

                George
              • George Harvey
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 4, 2005

                  Hi Brian,
                  Exactly. The first time I read Gnostic myths they looked like complete nonsense to me.

                  George