(43), Reinventing the wheel

  • Merlin8364@xx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 1999
      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 06:05:32 -0400 (EDT)
      From: griffonslair@...
      Subject: Re: Welcome Griffon

      In college, I was a great fan of Karen Horney and Harry Stack Sullivan, my
      school had a behaviorist psychology department, there was no sign of Carl
      Jung there and I did not discover him until I came across a copy of one of
      his works in 1990. Understanding? Yes, it is hard to understand, but at the
      time it was right for me - it struck a chord.

      I had to analyze why I said old, and have to admit I am recovering from a
      surgery. I don't like being ill, and want to rebound as it nothing has
      happened.
      The side tracts I mentioned were the folks I call "the positive thinkers",
      there is a book by that name as well, which covers the charismatics, Mary
      Baker Eddy, etc. and I now gather and collect other old books (around the
      turn of the century) such as Operations of the Other Mind taught by Edmund
      Shaftesbury (1924), Apparitions and Thought Transference, these little gems
      are becoming hard to find-but seemingly there are few collectors and I pick
      them up where I can.>
      What does this have to do with Gnosis. These people are seekers, and in a
      sense I am studying why and what they are seeking-and what they are trying to
      explain. As we seek we find we understand within, but to speak it and to make
      someone else understand is very very hard.

      As for mid-life-be thankful you did not have one. I believe it means you made
      the right choices early on. I did not. I destroyed the mold and started over,
      it's my life I can do that and I make no apologies.
      Thank you for the welcome.
      Griffon

      Message: 3
      Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 07:44:44 -0400
      From: Aria <Aria108@...>

      griffonslair@... wrote:

      > I had to analyze why I said old, and have to admit I am recovering from a
      surgery. I don't like being ill, and want to rebound as it nothing has
      happened.

      Going to be 34 soon; and have felt "very old" sometimes at that! It's a
      curious perception, perhaps it has to do with being an old soul getting
      impatient for release, and a lifetime of wisdom gained through trials (I've
      had the major illness too, Griffin - wish you much Light in your recovery !!)

      I just finished a book called "The Templar Revelation" which left me with
      mixed thoughts and feelings - anyone else familiar with this one?

      Blessings,
      Aria

      _
      _

      Message: 4
      Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:10:31 EDT
      From: Merlin8638@...

      An old soul? Wouldn't all souls be more or less the same age?

      Love, Light and Peace,
      Merlin

      _
      Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 19:46:33 +0200
      From: Andre <questor@...>
      Subject: Re: Intro

      Merlin8638@... wrote:

      > Please give your personal definition or "spirit", "spirits" and "SPIRIT".

      Hi

      "God is one" and God is spirit. There is nothing else.

      Regards
      andre

      Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 19:49:42 +0200
      From: Andre <questor@...>

      Merlin8638@... wrote:

      > Andre,
      >
      > Do you believe in personal survival after physical death?

      Physical death does not bring anything but a change in manifestation of
      Life. I do not accept, until can be proven different, that there are
      people living out there somewhere. Our memories however, continue for
      ever.

      Regards
      andre
      Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 19:57:39 +0200
      From: Andre <questor@...>
      Subject: Re: Reinventing the wheel

      Merlin8638@... wrote:

      > But how do you know that the square wheel is not more advanced than the
      round
      > one and not less?

      Ever tried fitting square wheels?

      Massey did not say how to build wheels, but he left clues.

      Regards
      andre

      Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 22:07:02 +0200
      From: Andre <questor@...>

      Merlin8638@... wrote:

      > An old soul? Wouldn't all souls be more or less the same age?

      You should not confuse "spirit" and "soul" The soul can be described as
      a body for spirit. While all should have the same age, I would say that
      the age of a soul is determined by its attainment of its self
      consciousness. Not all souls vibrate on the same frequency. However,
      some of us inherited some bodies that are recycled from other bodies,
      which may not have been to our liking. Imparting to us physical and
      mental characteristics needed for growth.

      Regards
      andre