A new Member...

  • Raven Skydancer
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2005
      My name is Raven Skydancer, call me Sky. I think I am looking for
      something described in your Description, "enlightenment". Do you
      suppose that is too much to expect...

      I was born into a Pagan family and I have remained Pagan all my
      life... My Grandfather, a full blood Blackfoot Indian and a Holy Man,
      Taught me to, "Listen to the Wind". HE said to me once, "Listen to
      the Wind, Spirit speaks softly from the Silence within."

      In later years I think he was telling me to listen for what has come
      to known as "Gnosis", that which comes from my own within... I always
      listened and my Godself within me, whom I call my High Self, started
      speaking to me, answering all my many questions. We have talked
      everyday since then, and several times a day... There have been times
      when I misunderstood the answers, but High Self has never been
      wrong... Do others have similar experiences with the talk that comes
      from within?

      Nanaste Sky
    • BitsyCat1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2005
        In a message dated 3/1/05 8:04:16 AM, skydancer26@... writes:

        > My name is Raven Skydancer, call me Sky.  I think I am looking for
        > something described in your Description, "enlightenment". Do you
        > suppose that is too much to expect...

        Hm
        I was expecting Quiche Lorraine
        however sometimes you end up with Pizza
        Either way
        Your not hungry

        Regards,
        johnmoon3717@...

      • Penndragon
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2005
          MM Sky

          I don't think it's too much to expect. You may oneday find yourself like
          Buddha who sat under the tree and decided he wouldn't move from it until he
          became enlightened. Guess what he found. He was never without it, i.e. he
          was always enlightened, even when he was searching for it ;)

          MP
          Penn

          > My name is Raven Skydancer, call me Sky. I think I am looking for
          > something described in your Description, "enlightenment". Do you
          > suppose that is too much to expect...
          >
          > I was born into a Pagan family and I have remained Pagan all my
          > life... My Grandfather, a full blood Blackfoot Indian and a Holy Man,
          > Taught me to, "Listen to the Wind". HE said to me once, "Listen to
          > the Wind, Spirit speaks softly from the Silence within."
          >
          > In later years I think he was telling me to listen for what has come
          > to known as "Gnosis", that which comes from my own within... I always
          > listened and my Godself within me, whom I call my High Self, started
          > speaking to me, answering all my many questions. We have talked
          > everyday since then, and several times a day... There have been times
          > when I misunderstood the answers, but High Self has never been
          > wrong... Do others have similar experiences with the talk that comes
          > from within?
          >

          > Nanaste Sky

          > To unsubscribe from this list send a message to:
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > --

        • Raven Skydancer
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 1, 2005
            Hi Penn; I like the story about Buddha. I believe we are all
            enlightend and I carry it around inside me, where my Spirit dwells...
            But finding my Spirit's dwelling place is not a cake-walk... I call
            my Spiritu within me, High Self, and He/She seems to know about
            everything.. Hence the partial explanation to the Adage, "The answers
            to all questions lie within us..." But then, If I knew the answer to
            all questions... I wouldn't need to be here, would I? Smile

            Namaste Sky

            --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, "Penndragon" <p3nn@b...> wrote:
            > MM Sky
            >
            > I don't think it's too much to expect. You may oneday find yourself
            like
            > Buddha who sat under the tree and decided he wouldn't move from it
            until he
            > became enlightened. Guess what he found. He was never without it,
            i.e. he
            > was always enlightened, even when he was searching for it ;)
            >
            > MP
            > Penn

            28/02/2005

            > --
            28/02/2005
          • Tom Ragland
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 2, 2005
              --- Raven Skydancer <skydancer26@...> wrote:

              > In later years I think he was telling me to listen
              > for what has come
              > to known as "Gnosis", that which comes from my own
              > within... I always
              > listened and my Godself within me, whom I call my
              > High Self, started
              > speaking to me, answering all my many questions. We
              > have talked
              > everyday since then, and several times a day...
              > There have been times
              > when I misunderstood the answers, but High Self has
              > never been
              > wrong... Do others have similar experiences with the
              > talk that comes
              > from within?
              >

              > Nanaste Sky

              I have this way of "knowing" what to do or say
              to accomplish objectives that have been
              haunting me, as if some externally enduced
              intuition along with synchronization of events,
              warnings about having to "change paths" and
              clues about how other people are making plans.

              I'm at a loss for labelling this "voice"
              but the experience is too real to deny.
              It makes me know for sure that I am not
              alone, as the knowledge and synchronicities
              transcend my individual abilities.

              =====
              http://www.geocities.com/gnostictom/nobleeight.html
              The Noble Eightfold Path of Christ

              __________________________________
              Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
            • Tom Ragland
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 2, 2005
                --- Penndragon <p3nn@...> wrote:

                > MM Sky
                >
                > You may
                > oneday find yourself like
                > Buddha who sat under the tree and decided he
                > wouldn't move from it until he
                > became enlightened. Guess what he found. He was
                > never without it, i.e. he
                > was always enlightened, even when he was searching
                > for it ;)
                >
                > MP
                > Penn

                and Jesus spoke to Nicodemus:
                I saw you under the tree!
                Nicodemus said: You truly are the Christ!

                =====

                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 2, 2005
                  Hi Tom; Thank you for the sharing... I have had other people tell me
                  they too, receive info from a silent source... i.e., When
                  contemplating a problem... information about the problem and the way
                  to handle the problem just comes to them... They didn't hear anthing
                  or read anything, it was just there for them... as though they had
                  known all along how to face the problem, when in fact they didn't.
                  Your mention of synchronicities sounds interesting...

                  It also trancends my abilities, too...

                  Namaste, Sky

                  --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, Tom Ragland <gnostictom@y...>

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 2, 2005
                    Hi John; I have been fed a lot of Pizza in my time... now, I'd kinda
                    like a taste of that, "Quiche Lorraine". Smile

                    Sky

                    --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, BitsyCat1@a... wrote:

                    > In a message dated 3/1/05 8:04:16 AM, skydancer26@y... writes:
                    >

                    > > My name is Raven Skydancer, call me Sky.  I think I am looking for
                    > > something described in your Description, "enlightenment". Do you
                    > > suppose that is too much to expect...
                    > >

                    > Hm
                    > I was expecting Quiche Lorraine
                    > however sometimes you end up with Pizza
                    > Either way
                    > Your not hungry
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    > johnmoon3717@a...

                  • Penndragon
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 2, 2005
                      MM Sky

                      As I see it, ya do already know the answers. Just that you're not aware of
                      knowing them yet in much the same way as Buddha was not aware he was always
                      enlightened

                      MP
                      Penn

                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 2, 2005
                        In a message dated 3/2/05 4:43:24 PM, p3nn@... writes:

                        > MM Sky
                        >
                        > As I see it, ya do already know the answers.

                        Some do some dont
                        maybe its only know where and when to Look
                        regards
                        johnmoon3717@...

                      • Tom Ragland
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 3, 2005
                          --- BitsyCat1@... wrote:

                          > In a message dated 3/2/05 4:43:24 PM,
                          > p3nn@... writes:
                          >

                          > > MM Sky
                          > >
                          > > As I see it, ya do already know the answers.
                          > >

                          > Some do some dont
                          > maybe its only know where and when to Look
                          > regards
                          > johnmoon3717@...

                          It is more important to
                          question the answers
                          than it is to
                          answer the questions.

                          =====

                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 3, 2005
                            In a message dated 3/3/05 8:33:18 AM, gnostictom@... writes:

                            > It is more important to
                            > question the answers
                            > than it is to
                            > answer the questions.

                            answers are all a matter of perspective
                            Regards,
                            johnmoon3717@...

                          • Raven Skydancer
                            Message 13 of 14 , Mar 3, 2005
                              Thank you Tom...

                              "It is more important to question the answers
                              than it is to answer the questions.... "

                              "It's a Koan, a paradox, used to train Zen Buddhist Monks to abandon
                              dependancy on reason, in exchange for sudden intuitive enlightenment,
                              not unlike our, "Gnosis"...

                              Of course, this one seems to have lost something in the translation,
                              meaning, "...there is little importance in questioning foolish
                              answers that are derived from foolish questions."

                              It has been said, "... answers to all questions lie within us." Thus,
                              wisdom comes from asking wiser questions." But alas, I am not wise,
                              seemingly stuck somewhere in between... Smile. That is why I came
                              here, to learn to ask wiser questions... Your teaching helps me very
                              much. Thank you...

                            • nakedalchemy@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 14 , Mar 5, 2005
                                In a message dated 3/3/2005 9:33:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                                gnostictom@... writes:

                                It is more important to
                                question the answers
                                than it is to
                                answer the questions.

                                I concur wholly...question all, especially self...this inward look is how we
                                take our journey of awareness.

                                mychael