Re: Lessons

  • Merlin8364@xx.xxx
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 1999
      In a message dated 10/30/99 11:34:43 AM Central Standard Time,
      Merlin8364@... writes:

      > > So how do you find out what lessons you need to learn in this lifetime?

      > One
      > >
      > > way to find out is to ask.
      >
      > Meditation is a way to get answers. Prayer is talking to God. Meditation
      > is
      > listening to God. After you ask, listen.

      We get answers in several ways. Sometimes we hear voices, sometimes we see
      signs. Sometimes the answer comes to us in a dream. There are times when the
      answer just comes to us while we are thinking of other things. Sometimes we
      wake up from sleep with the answer just there. Sometimes somebody will say
      something and we realize that is the answer.

      Love, Light and Peace,
      Merlin
    • Merlin8364@xx.xxx
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 3, 1999
        In a message dated 11/1/99 6:27:17 AM Central Standard Time,
        Merlin8364@... writes:

        > > > So how do you find out what lessons you need to learn in this
        lifetime?

        > > One
        > > >
        > > > way to find out is to ask.
        > >
        > > Meditation is a way to get answers. Prayer is talking to God.
        > Meditation
        > > is
        > > listening to God. After you ask, listen.
        >
        > We get answers in several ways. Sometimes we hear voices, sometimes we
        see
        > signs. Sometimes the answer comes to us in a dream. There are times when
        > the
        > answer just comes to us while we are thinking of other things. Sometimes
        we

        > wake up from sleep with the answer just there. Sometimes somebody will
        say
        > something and we realize that is the answer.

        Don't limit God. The answer can come in very unexpected ways. Your worst
        enemy may say something which, when you think about it, is the very answer
        you are looking for.

        Love, Light and Peace,
        Merlin
      • Merlin8364@xx.xxx
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 8, 1999
          In a message dated 11/3/99 6:39:46 AM Central Standard Time,
          Merlin8364@... writes:

          > lifetime?
          > >

          > > > One

          > > > Meditation is a way to get answers. Prayer is talking to God.
          > > Meditation
          > > > is
          > > > listening to God. After you ask, listen.
          > >
          > > We get answers in several ways. Sometimes we hear voices, sometimes we
          > see
          > > signs. Sometimes the answer comes to us in a dream. There are times
          when

          > > the
          > > answer just comes to us while we are thinking of other things.
          Sometimes

          > we
          > >
          > > wake up from sleep with the answer just there. Sometimes somebody will
          > say
          > > something and we realize that is the answer.
          >
          > Don't limit God. The answer can come in very unexpected ways. Your worst
          > enemy may say something which, when you think about it, is the very answer
          > you are looking for.

          Do you need to know what lessons you need to learn?

          Not really. What you need is to learn the lessons. Sometimes it is helpful
          to know what they are in order to learn them faster.

          Love, Light and Peace,
          Merlin
        • Merlin8364@xx.xxx
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 11, 1999
            In a message dated 11/8/99 6:10:32 AM Central Standard Time,
            Merlin8364@... writes:

            > Do you need to know what lessons you need to learn?
            >
            > Not really. What you need is to learn the lessons. Sometimes it is
            helpful

            > to know what they are in order to learn them faster.

            Don't worry overmuch about which lesson you need to learn in this lifetime.
            You will learn them, if not in this incarnation, then the next, or the next,
            or the next...

            The good news is you will learn the lesson. The not so good news is you will
            keep repeating the third grade until you get it right. Then, on the the
            fourth grade!

            Love, Light and Peace,
            Merlin
          • Merlin8364@xx.xxx
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 16, 2000
              > It in not necessary to consciously understand what our lessons are. It is
              > necessary to know and understand on a deeper level. For example you do
              not
              > need to know why you shouldn't let your neighbor go hungry when you have
              > food. You simply wouldn't let anyone go hungry because you wouldn't.

              I am going to put this another way.

              Let's say you want to learn how to ride a bicycle. You decide to do your
              research first. You read a book on physics to see how the bicycle stays up
              on only two wheels and how it is propelled forward. You read a biography of
              a famous bike racer. You watch films about bikes. You go to the park and
              watch the bikers. You talk to them. You become an expert on all aspects of
              biking. Finally, you buy a bike. You get on and fall down. You still have
              to learn to ride by actually riding.

              Your neighbor also decides to learn to ride a bike. The neighbor borrows
              your bike and with no preparation at all, falls down.

              You and your neighbor must both learn by doing.

              Life's lessons are like bike riding or touch typing. You must learn by
              doing. You cannot learn the actual lessons from books or other people.

              Love, Light and Peace,
              Merlin
            • Merlin8364@cs.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 17, 2000

                > Life's lessons are like bike riding or touch typing. You must learn by
                > doing. You cannot learn the actual lessons from books or other people.

                This does not in any way mean that you cannot learn from other people. If
                you see someone ride around a corner too fast and crash into a tree, you
                might decide to take the corner slower yourself. Likewise if you see someone
                take a shortcut with nothing bad happening, you might take the same shortcut
                yourself.

                You can learn from other people. You can learn from books and tapes. You
                just cannot substitute book knowledge for experience.

                Love, Light and Peace,
                Merlin
              • George Harvey
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 28, 2004