Re: [GnosticThought] Re: A little help

  • Penndragon
    Message 1 of 333 , Feb 1, 2005
      MM Mychael

      Now I find myself asking, "are they imperfections, or perceived
      imperfections?"

      MP
      Penn

      In a message dated 1/31/2005 11:55:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      eugnostos2000@... writes:

      Hi mychael. In my opinion, what spins the wheel is our attraction
      to pleasure and our aversion to pain. The phenomenal universe is
      inherently in flux and this includes our mental states. Identifying
      with that which has no stable permanence inevitably leads to
      frustration. Under the illusion of ego, whereby the One appears to
      become the Many, we vainly strive for that perfect arrangement of
      people, places and things which never happens. Dissatisfied we are
      born, dissatisfied we live, dissatisfied we die, and so the wheel
      spins. But the spinning itself is an illusion. When we taste that One
      Taste we realize that no-one was born, no-one has died. All bad
      dreams come to an end as do all good dreams. Spirit is All-in-All,
      and for Spirit everything is perfect. -Steve W.

      i have seen alot of imperfection..actually, I ike the imperfections, they
      make this life somewhat interesting...what I want to know is...what is
      perfection?
      If perfection is without flaw it doesnt interest me..if perfection is
      playing harps for eternity, that would get boring...so,maybe that flawed god
      isn't
      such a bad cookie after all...
      as George Carlin once said..."God isn't perfect, it shows in his work"
      maybe bliss is full of perfection, maybe inside of it we wont know what is
      imperfect...the world does spin on its axis, and I swear sometimes I get
      dizzy
      just standing on it...I think I will create my own bliss..it is what I am
      working on in this life, the bliss within...refined perversion...without
      deviation there is no progress(Frank Zappa)
      actually, i think we enjoy pain and have an aversion to pleasure by seeing
      the likes of this world, we seem to have an abundance of pain, so we must
      enjoy
      it...we are the many in the one, but we are also, while on earth, the one
      in
      the many.

      mychael

      To unsubscribe from this list send a message to:

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Ginny
      Message 333 of 333 , Feb 10, 2005
        Hi Laurell,
        You are probably right and it is time for refection. I have no idea what
        my purpose is at this time so I have to really dig deep inside of myself to
        drag it out. All things come to pass and nothing remains the same. Just
        stuck in neutral right now and once I get out of that neutral mode, my next
        move or purpose just might come to me in a blink of an eye and I'll have a
        whole new outlook on things.

        Ginny