Re: [GnosticThought] Steve N & reaching god thru the son

  • Tom Ragland
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 1, 2004
      --- grdrsyiii@... wrote:
      > the sabbatarian network is a new teaching of the
      > bible by people ...much info on the
      > site......sabbatariannetwork.com.......

      I just looked at one of their pages:

      http://www.sabbatarian.com/StudyGuides/TheTwoMessiahs.html

      They polarize the Mysteries Christ with that of the
      Hebrew Messiah, labelling the first as "satanic" and
      the second as being the truth. It seems whenever
      people make black and white of other people's quest
      for Truth, that they close their minds in their desire
      to maintain what they consider to be a Fundamentalist
      Orthodoxy.

      I mean, sure the "Christ" of the Christians is
      thoughts away from the "Messiah" of the Jewish
      Prophets. But to label one or the other as "satanic"
      seems very un-Gnostic to me.

      The reason that the two traditions seem so divergent
      is that Alexandrian Jews took on so much non-Jewish
      thought and stopped reading their Greek translation of
      their Hebrew scriptures quite so literally. The
      Kabbalist concept of Tiphereth is much more in line
      with the Christian Christ than it is with the Messiah
      of the ancient Prophets.

      I once had this vision in a dream of a field with two
      circles on the ground, people were standing in one or
      the other and thinking that the people who made the
      other decision had it all wrong. Then my perspective
      changed to see another dimension at which the two
      circles were really just one cross section of a giant
      donut. Ah, I thought, and woke up hungry...

      =====
      http://www.geocities.com/gnostictom/
      Gnostic Tom's World

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 1, 2004
        --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, Tom Ragland <gnostictom@y...>
        wrote:
        > --- grdrsyiii@a... wrote:
        > > the sabbatarian network is a new teaching of the
        > > bible by people ...much info on the
        > > site......sabbatariannetwork.com.......
        >
        > I just looked at one of their pages:
        >
        > http://www.sabbatarian.com/StudyGuides/TheTwoMessiahs.html
        >
        > They polarize the Mysteries Christ with that of the
        > Hebrew Messiah, labelling the first as "satanic" and
        > the second as being the truth. It seems whenever
        > people make black and white of other people's quest
        > for Truth, that they close their minds in their desire
        > to maintain what they consider to be a Fundamentalist
        > Orthodoxy.
        >
        > I mean, sure the "Christ" of the Christians is
        > thoughts away from the "Messiah" of the Jewish
        > Prophets. But to label one or the other as "satanic"
        > seems very un-Gnostic to me.
        >
        > The reason that the two traditions seem so divergent
        > is that Alexandrian Jews took on so much non-Jewish
        > thought and stopped reading their Greek translation of
        > their Hebrew scriptures quite so literally. The
        > Kabbalist concept of Tiphereth is much more in line
        > with the Christian Christ than it is with the Messiah
        > of the ancient Prophets.
        >
        > I once had this vision in a dream of a field with two
        > circles on the ground, people were standing in one or
        > the other and thinking that the people who made the
        > other decision had it all wrong. Then my perspective
        > changed to see another dimension at which the two
        > circles were really just one cross section of a giant
        > donut. Ah, I thought, and woke up hungry...

        Oh yes! And was there frosting? And delicious raspberry jelly all
        over our feet? I was there too! Don't tell my grrlfriend, she keeps
        worrying about counting carbs! -Steve W.

        /

      • Penndragon
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 2, 2004
          MM Tom

          Anotherwords they’re like the others that claim to have “The Truth.” In
          demonizing those who don’t agree with them. I take it they don’t
          understand the NT as a reinterpretation of the OT for the most part?
          Your description of them makes them sound quite dogmatic which I must
          admit to be offputting.

          The one sad fact in todays world – many are those who claim to be the
          few :-(

          MP

          Penn

          --- grdrsyiii@... wrote:
          > the sabbatarian network is a new teaching of the
          > bible by people ...much info on the
          > site......sabbatariannetwork.com.......

          I just looked at one of their pages:

          HYPERLINK
          "http://www.sabbatarian.com/StudyGuides/TheTwoMessiahs.html"http://www.s
[...]

          "http://www.geocities.com/gnostictom/"http://www.geocities.com/gnosticto
          m/
          Gnostic Tom's World

          HYPERLINK
          "http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail"http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_ma
          il

          To unsubscribe from this list send a message to:

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          HYPERLINK
          "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129a6o6mp/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/
          D=groups/S=1705948673:HM/EXP=1088770134/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*htt
          p:/companion.yahoo.com"click here

          HYPERLINK
          "http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=group
          s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=425232496"

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          HYPERLINK
          "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GnosticThought/"http://groups.yahoo.com/g
          roup/GnosticThought/

          HYPERLINK
          "mailto:GnosticThought-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe"G

          ---
          Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

          _____

          << ella for Spam Control >> has removed 270 Spam messages and set aside
          380 Newsletters for me
          You can use it too - and it's FREE! HYPERLINK
          "http://www.ellaforspam.com"www.ellaforspam.com

          ---

        • grdrsyiii@aol.com
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 4, 2004
            i agree with you....i just found the site fascinating....i was put off at
            times about how they say things....i dont claim it to be truth.....i was
            fascinated by the viewpoints ans interpretaitions....however(the truth hurts)if
            there is such a thing.....again just another quest in searching for knowledge,
            truth, answers, etc.........then again maybe there is nothing to figure out
            at all....