For the archives.

  • Merlin8638@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 24, 1999
      If you are like me, you look at the archives before deciding to subscribe to
      a list. Well, as of this writing we have no subscribers. Thus I am sending
      this to you via the archives.

      Let me tell you a little of why I created this list. I have been conducting
      metaphysical lectures and seminars for the past several years. I give
      lectures whenever invited. Now and then I rent a lecture hall and conduct
      seminars.

      My main theme is "Salvation (enlightenment) is a do it yourself project." I
      and others then conduct workshops to point out some of the possible paths a
      person might take.

      I have been a member of another list for about four years. About two weeks
      ago somebody recommended a list on OneList. I checked it out. I was not
      interested, but I did discover OneList.

      Slowly the idea of creating a Gnostic list formed in my mind.

      So, here we are. Please join and be a part of this list community.

      Love, Light and Peace,
      Merlin
    • gnostic_ken
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2010
        --- In GnosticThought@onelist.com
        Date: Sat Apr 24, 1999 3:22 pm
        Subject: For the archives.

        Let me tell you a little of why I created the GnosticThought list on OneList.
        I have been
        conducting
        metaphysical lectures and seminars for the past several years. I
        give
        lectures whenever invited. Now and then I rent a lecture hall and
        conduct
        seminars.

        My main theme is "Salvation (enlightenment) is a do it yourself
        project." I
        and others then conduct workshops to point out some of the possible
        paths a
        person might take.

        I have been a member of another list for about four years. About two
        weeks
        ago somebody recommended a list on OneList. I checked it out. I was
        not
        interested, but I did discover OneList.

        About the same time I discovered Gnosticism. I looked for a Gnostic list on
        OneList. I couldn't find one. So I started one myself.
      • gnostic_ken
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 22, 2013
          --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, Merlin8638@... wrote:

          > If you are like me, you look at the archives before deciding to subscribe to
          > a list. Well, as of this writing we have no subscribers. Thus I am sending
          > this to you via the archives.
          >
          > Let me tell you a little of why I created this list. I have been conducting
          > metaphysical lectures and seminars for the past several years. I give
          > lectures whenever invited. Now and then I rent a lecture hall and conduct
          > seminars.
          >
          > My main theme is "Salvation (enlightenment) is a do it yourself project." I
          > and others then conduct workshops to point out some of the possible paths a
          > person might take.
          >
          > I have been a member of another list for about four years. About two weeks
          > ago somebody recommended a list on OneList. I checked it out. I was not
          > interested, but I did discover OneList.
          >
          > Slowly the idea of creating a Gnostic list formed in my mind.
          >
          > So, here we are. Please join and be a part of this list community.
          >
          > Love, Light and Peace,
          > Merlin

          This is GnosticThought post #1 from April 24, 1999. I was posting using the alias "Merlin" because at the time the "experts" all said we shouldn't reveal our real names on the internet.

          Comments anyone?

          Ken
        • rosiolady
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 22, 2013
            In a message dated 2/22/2013 9:01:27 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, gnostic_ken@... writes:
            This is GnosticThought post #1 from April 24, 1999.  I was posting using the alias "Merlin" because at the time the "experts" all said we shouldn't reveal our real names on the internet.

            Comments anyone?

            Ken

            I liked the message.  It sure lines out the purpose of this list, for people to find their own way to "enlightenment," their own version of spirituality.  That purpose doesn't really allow for those who insist that they have the only "right" way, does it?  People who keep dinging away that they are the only ones who are right, calling others childish and/or stupid and otherwise just plain wrong?  We do seem to get that from time to time; people who don't understand that free thinking means everyone gets to think freely and express it, at least on this list.

            I really like your idea of new discussions of old topics, Ken.

            Rosalie
          • gnostic_ken
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 22, 2013
              Hi Rosalie,
              Thanks.
              I guess the purpose was correct, but what caused me to create the list was I couldn't find any gnostic lists to join. I had no desire to be any kind of gnostic leader or to "own" a gnostic list. I just wanted to talk to other gnostics. I couldn't find any gnostic lists, so I created one on Onelist. Had I known about e-groups where there were several gnostic groups I might never have created this group. I only found out about the gnostic groups on e-groups when
              e-groups bought Onelist. A little later yahoo bought e-groups and here we are.

              Ken

              --- In GnosticThought@yahoogroups.com, rosiolady@... wrote:

              > In a message dated 2/22/2013 9:01:27 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
              > gnostic_ken@... writes:
              >
              > This is GnosticThought post #1 from April 24, 1999. I was posting using
              > the alias "Merlin" because at the time the "experts" all said we shouldn't
              > reveal our real names on the internet.
              >
              > Comments anyone?
              >
              > Ken
              >

              > I liked the message. It sure lines out the purpose of this list, for
              > people to find their own way to "enlightenment," their own version of
              > spirituality. That purpose doesn't really allow for those who insist that they have
              > the only "right" way, does it? People who keep dinging away that they are
              > the only ones who are right, calling others childish and/or stupid and
              > otherwise just plain wrong? We do seem to get that from time to time; people
              > who don't understand that free thinking means everyone gets to think freely
              > and express it, at least on this list.
              >
              > I really like your idea of new discussions of old topics, Ken.
              >
              > Rosalie

            • old bob
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 22, 2013
                I hadn't thought of it but that is a great way to boot up a listing. To get an archive to re-generate, it requires something in it to create more inputs from readers. It sure did work in this listing, in my opinion. A wealth of information from the perspective of many sources. A researchers haven. The minutes of one huge think tank ;-)

                old bob
                --.-