Re: Paganism and Gnosis

  • bhuzes
    Message 1 of 48 , Jul 1 12:07 AM
      Steve,

      It would be very difficult (though, granted, not impossible) to stamp out the "heretics"
      these days. There are so many of us spread out in so many places that it would be
      extremely difficult.

      Out of curiousity, are you a Hellenic pagan? I'm curious because the "eugnostos" in
      your email addy matches the book title in one of your previous posts.

      Blessings,
      Brenda

      > The early Christian apologist Justin Martyr had the same problem. He
      > claimed that the Pagan Mysteries were a diabolical counterfeit of
      > Christianity. Of course, I personally find this so-called arguement
      > laughable, but it is amazing to note that fundamentalists are quite
      > willing to buy it! I would like to say that these people are merely
      > harmless fanatics, but unfortunately there are no harmless fanatics.
      > There is one popular movement, called Christian Reconstructionism,
      > that is gaining in political influence and would be only too happy
      > to abolish our freedom of religion in the US. Please don't be so
      > naive to think that Gnostics and Witches couldn't be executed again
      > someday for their beliefs. History repeats itself. Yours, Steve
    • Steve Noonan
      Message 48 of 48 , Jul 10 7:33 AM
        Yes, the link got broken by a carrage return.

        If you have HTML e-mail on, try clicking here.

        If not, here is the link again: http://www.nationalpost.com/national/story.html?id=C37BFDB8-575C-4551-9BAF-59175119F4A8

        If it gets cut into two lines you have to make sure all of the letters and numbers after id= appear in the address bar to work.

        Steve