Glenbrook Farms Herbal Newsletter

  • Glenbrook Farm.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
      Glenbrook Farms Herbal Newsletter
      Feb 1, 2000

      Greetings from the Farm!!
      The website reconstruction is at a snails pace
      slow but sure, but we will have a shopping cart soon!, ...I hope ,, someday..

      Happy Valentines Day!

      Herb of the Moment
      Valentines Day Herbs! (This is our annual lovers article)

      Are you running on low voltage ?Are you tired, strung out from work all day,
      screaming kids and then there stands your spouse with that "look" that was
      cute 10 years ago and now you are just indifferent to the activity they have
      just suggested?

      Take a look at our article on using herbs to help with your libido and sexual
      function.
      I think you will find it very informative ...
      http://www.glenbrookfarm.com/herbs/article.html

      Happy Valentines Day!!

      ParentingHumor.com
      http://ParentingHumor.com
      Celebrate the less-than-graceful moments of parenting with the
      Internet's only site dedicated to parenting humor. Instead of telling our
      readers
      'how to' we tell them 'Me too!' To subscribe visit http://ParentingHumor.com
      or send an email mailto:subscribe@...

      Are you having trouble making changes in your life?
      Don't get frustrated!
      Staff writer Dr. Kevin Polk describes the stages of change and how to keep
      things simple
      while change takes place
      http://www.glenbrookfarm.com/herbs/kpolk1.html

      February Specials
      For our newsletter readers!

      Free bar of Glenbrook Farms Herbal Soap with a purchase!
      or
      Free bag of Stress Relief Bath Salts with a purchase!
      Be sure to put this on your order form

      We now have Alkanet root in stock! Look under the "A" herbs
      ****
      Our Contest Winner!!!!

      Darlene at THOMASDARBY@...
      You fell out of the herb bag first!
      You win the $25.00 gift certificate and a sample soap pack!
      e-mail us at jenkins@... to claim your prize.

      This was so much fun for us at Glenbrook Farms that we have decided to run a
      contest every month.Please help us spread the word !
      You have to be a subscriber to the newsletter to enter!
      ****

      What 's New?
      We have a new soap on the shelf.
      This one is sure to help that cabin fever and remind you that Spring is on the
      way.
      It's Lilac soap and the scent is delicate like the spring lilacs.

      Don't forget to check our monthly specials at
      http://www.glenbrookfarm.com/herbs/special.html

      ********************

      Recipe for Valentines Day.

      This has nothing to do with health,,,, only pleasure!!

      I call this one "Sinful"
      This dessert is so lusty that Valentines Day sounds like an appropriate day to
      serve it to your lover!
      Take a bite and roll your eyes back in your head and say mmmmm,,,

      Sinful! Fudge Pudding Cake
      Heat the over to 350 degrees
      Mix together in a bowl:
      3/4 cup sugar
      1 cup flour
      3 tablespoons of Glenbrook Farms Dark cocoa powder
      1/4 tsp. salt
      2 tsp. baking powder

      Blend in :
      1/2 cup of milk
      1/3 cup of melted butter
      2 tsp. of vanilla
      beat until smooth and then pour the batter into a 8x8 or 9x9 square pan

      In another bowl mix together:
      1/2 cup sugar
      1/2 cup dark brown sugar
      4 tbs. of Glenbrook Farms Dark cocoa powder

      Sprinkle this over the batter,,,
      then pour 1 1/4 cups of boiling water over the top of your creation,,,,don't
      stir it!!!
      bake for 35-40 minutes
      Serve with a spoonful of whipped cream garnished by peppermint leaves,,,
      get prepared for kisses!

      Glenbrook Farms Herbs and Such
      For the Serious Cook! Bulk Cinnamon, Nutmeg,
      Peppers, Dark Cocoa, BBQ & Cajun seasonings,
      Curry,Dill , Fennel, and 791 other herbs and spices.
      http://www.glenbrookfarm.com/herbs

      Until next time!
      Lucinda Jenkins

      Glenbrook Farms Herbs and Such
      http://www.glenbrookfarm.com/herbs
      Need a new recipe for soaps, lotions, natural body care products?
      Subscribe: BeautyFromNature-subscribe@onelist.com