Re: [GlenGlennsRockabillyWorld] Hello

  • Dominique ANGLARES
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 3 9:21 AM
      Dear Glen,

      Great to you checking our emails and sending us some words. It's always great to have wandering in and giving us some news. I don't know what you would do without me but I now what Viviane should have to do ... handling the vacuum cleaner and taking care of the wash machine. That's part of my job, Buddy! Long gone is the time when men could enjoy time in armchair, watchin' TV, smoking and waitin for them Mama to call for hot meal. Have a Mercy on us, Lowdy! Thing will change when we're gonna be retired and I promise you I will drive that lovin' woman like a heard minded mule skinner.
      We wish you all the best for The Elvis Honeymoon Hideaway with Bill Cherry and Alan Clark. That show is pretty early so just bring in it a crazy rooster with big heavy voice to make them awake. They will not complain about a rooster ... There was one standing on the 5 first Elvis 78 rpm's!
      I wish you all a nice Easter time and I hope your basket gonna filled with chocolate and ... kisses!
      It's time to go and ... mop!

      Camille Daddy.

      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 3 9:42 AM
        LOL!! too funny Dominique.. I guess I must be living behind the times..
        I have always done the mopping and cleaning and whatever else goes with it.. It is pretty decent of you to pitch in and help your wife..Not all men are like that, but on the other hand when my daughter was growing up I was a stay at home housewife and mother and I miss it. So
        I really enjoyed all the house cleaning.. I had all day to get it done and watch my soaps also.. Those were the days..

        To you and yours and everyone here at Glen's Rockabilly World, have yourselves a restful Resurrection Day weekend..

        Hugs,
        Suzie Q

        Gold Cross
        Get yours at Webfetti.com

        Message 3 of 24 , May 7, 2010
          Hi Everybody! Just wanted to drop in and say hello to all of you and to thank you for your continued support. Sunday, the 2nd, I played my annual show at the Elvis Honeymoon Hideaway in Palm Springs. I always enjoy doing that and meeting all the fans who come out, the show went great and everyone seemed to like it and for that I'm always grateful.
          Mary & I enjoyed talking to you on the phone a few days ago, Sue. Maybe next year you can come visit us and go to the Elvis show too. Wouldn't that be loverly? We sure missed having Carol here, it's the first time in about 5 years now that we had to go without her and it made us sad. Theresa, our thoughts and prayers are with Jason now, we wish him nothing but the best with that new family he's starting and good luck with his back problem. Dominique, I don't have that acetate of Eddie Cochran and Bob Denton singing sick and tired anymore, wish I did, it's worth a fortune. About 25 years ago, I sold a bunch of my stuff to this record collecting friend, Stanley Bounruk. I regret it now, I also sold him a lot of my stuff that I wish I still had, but that's all water under the bridge now, as they say so no need to fret over it. Bob Denton did a recording session at Goldstar Studios in Hollywood, I'm guessing around 1957, I know it was before I went in the army and that was 1958 because Bob Denton was in the army with me. Eddie was there just to play the guitar for Bob on his session but during rehearsal, they just started singin Sick & Tired together, it wasn't meant to be recorded and Eddie had it in his guitar case and the next time I saw him after that session, he gave it to me. Stanley sold it to someone else and now it's a famous thing and everybody wants it because it's one of a kind.I also sold the acetate of Everybody's movin to Stanley and he sold that too. I've never seen that picture in the book, Cowboys,Honky Tonks and Hepcats. It's autographed as Glen Trout because that's the name I went by then. Lew Bedell of Era Records changed my name to Glen Glenn soon after that. Oh, well, such is life! I think this post has turned into a book, hope you don't all fall asleep reading it but I guess I had a lot to say. HaHa! Keep on posting, you guys, I never get tired of readin them. I love everyone of you more than I can ever say. Oh, and by the way, I might mention while I'm thinking about it that I won't be playing that show in L.A. on June 5th after all. The promoter has cancelled it, but I'll let you know when I play again in the future. So long for now.
          Glen
        • theresa workman
          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 22, 2010
            Hello! How are you today? Just letting you know that I know have a MySpace account, as well as, Facebook. I'd love for you to stop by and check out myspace page and give me your comments. Thanks, Theresa
          • vicki trusselli
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 16, 2010
              I enjoyed my visit with Glen and Mary July 15 2010. I am in Cali for my vacation to visit with friends and family. It was so good to see Glen and Mary again......Vicki Trusselli
            • Dominique ANGLARES
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 18, 2010
                Howdy friends,

                Great to have some news coming from California and to know about that visit to Glen and Mary. My own visit to them in 2008 is a precious souvenir. They are lovely people and I hope to get back someday one day.
                If you had not did it yet, get a stroll on www.rockabillyhall.com and enjoy to see Janis Martin's video. Same kind of wonderful and very talented artist than Glen is. Janis may be gone her strong laugh still can be he hear in our rokchouse. Like Glen and Mary, she and her husband Wayne left here something that will never fade whatever could happen in the future.
                Baby it's Love!

                Have a nice rockin' week.

                Camille Daddy.

                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 29, 2010
                  Hello Everybody! Hope you're all OK. No complaints here! Dominique, thanks to you for keeping us all up to date on the music, as always. I really enjoy reading all your news. I talk to Dianne every week, bless her heart for calling me and keeping in touch with her Uncle Glen! She & Bob are busy and slowly but surely, getting things back together after all the flood damage they had,so we need to keep praying for them. Vicki, Thanks for your visit, it was a moral booster! I haven't seen those pictures yet, but I'm sure I will soon. Sue, Theresa, you guys are great! Keep up the good work, all of you, I appreciate everything everyone is doing! I received an offer to go do a show in Finland in November. That was exciting for me but i had to turn it down until i get my kidney working better, so as soon as that happens, Mary wants me to write them and we'll both go over there. She says the music is what's keepin my old heart beatin and I think she may be right! Once, it gets in your blood (and it's been in mine many years) you just can't get it out. So, take care of yourselves, Bye for now. Love, Glen
                • Dominique ANGLARES
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 30, 2010
                    Howdy friends,

                    Great to have some words coming from California on the very day I wrote a short paper about a french band named The King Baker's Combo that covered "Blue Jean and A Boy Shirt" for Crazy Times Music, a fench record label. That good little label run by a friend gave us always first class products and here that four piece combo handle with class that Glen's song but also "Crazy Crazy Lovin" from Johnny Carroll, "Blue Blue Day" from Don Gibson, "Tired and Sleepy" from the Cochran Brothers or "Gone Gone Gone " borrowed to Carl Perkins. It should be nice to see Glen back one day and sharing the stage with those rockin' cats. That CD is something like the best of the best from the 50's and a room was keept for Glen. Great!
                    Sorry to know about hat missed gig in Finland 'cause those eskimo guys are rockin' right. It's amazing to see how Sweden and Finland are taking care of the 50's legacy and magazines like "American Music Magazine" and "Big Beat" are real wonders. The only problem is them language and, for sure, if the little green men had talk in a such way our friend Billy Riley should never had learnt about rock & roll. Those outer space little things are more easy to understand than those northen frozen cats. The only exception is Jan Svensson after a couple of pint of ale. Very easy goin' on cat.
                    Mary is pretty right on her statement and, that's a fact, music is like ethyl in your gas tank. That's what make you and everybody's movin'. Keep playing your guitar, looking at those beautiful Turk's uniforms or Elvis' jacket hanging on your bedroom, walking through your beautiful pictures albums with The Maddox family, Elvis, Tommy Sands or Carl Perkins ...
                    Take care of you and come overthere again with Mary to sing for us "Would Ja'", "Jack and Jill Boogie" or "Sittin' on the Top of the World" like you did on the Eiffel Tower. Cherished Memories!

                    Your friend always.

                    Camille Daddy.

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 30, 2010
                      Hi Glen,

                      I am always happy to hear from you and Mary.. I really miss talking to you.. Mary is right, you live and breathe music..!! It is like a fish out of water without your music.. =)

                      I have been so busy with getting ready for this 50's party. This is the last year so we are going out with a bang!!

                      I need to go to bed now.. Goodnight all.. Take care!!

                      Hugs,
                      Sue

                      Message 10 of 24 , Sep 30, 2010
                       Crystal Ball Hello! Sorry that I haven't written in awhile, but this is a busy grandma! I am getting ready to see my grandson, Nicholai, in Colorado. I am so excited! He is already a month old! He is getting big. He has so much hair. I am ready to spoil that little monkey! He is definitely our miracle baby. Jason is back in Germany and is so homesick. He is complaining about back pain. With the weather changing, his back is bothering him. He is in an office job; finance. He has to wear glasses now because of a stigmatism. Other than that, the only thing that hasn't happen; is Jessica not having her baby yet. She will be induced on Monday and if nothing happens, then she will have the baby on Wednesday. That is the latest date for her. Here are some pictures of grandma's little angel. Take care, Theresa

                    • theresa workman
                      Message 11 of 24 , Oct 19, 2010
                      Hello! Not much going on; still on vacation and getting some things done around the house. I have a question; is anyone having problems using facebook? I have problems and sometimes it freezes up. It is slow for me. Is there anything I can do to help speed things up? I use facebook because of Jason and Sorsche. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't use it. If anyone has skype, I would love to talk with you on it. Jason, Sorsche, and I are the only ones that have it right now. Now I can see them and makes it easier for me, since I miss them. Nicholai will be 8 wks old on Thursday. He is our miracle baby. William will be two weeks old on Wednesday. He, too, is our miracle baby. Two beautiful grandsons to be proud of, and we are. Here are some recent pics of our little angels. Have a good evening. Theresa ps I added one of my handsome son. I love the suit. He better get use to it; because he and Sorsche are going to confirmation classes before having Nicholai baptized.
                    • theresa workman
                      Message 12 of 24 , Nov 4, 2010
                        Hello! I have been a busy grandma lately! Started my Christmas shopping and done some wrapping of presents lately. Both grandsons are growing and getting cuter everyday! I even babysat William last week while Jessica and Adam attended a Halloween party. It was awesome! Jason is still in Germany and still doing an office job, while Sorsche and Nicholai now have their own apartment. They are still in Colorado, because if she were to go over there, chances are they'd be coming back with Jason. He is still waiting to see what the medical board will do. His back has gotten bad, and he needs to take pain killers. I really feel for Jason and Sorsche. He doesn't get to have leave for Christmas or their first anniversary and that is going to kill him. I hope we can help them in some way to ease the pain of not being together for the holidays. Other than that, our family is hanging in there and looking forward to the holidays. By the way, Sorsche is trying to get a job at Big Lots in Colorado Springs to help with the holidays. I wish her good luck. Well, that's all folks! Have a great day! Theresa Cornucopia

                      • MR.EVERYBODY,S MOVIN
                        Message 13 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                          Well, it's me again! Sorry, I haven't said hello for a while but the time just slipped away from me. Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! Seems like we were just celebrating 2010 and now here it is already 2011! New Year's Day will always have a bit of a shadow hanging over it though, because that's the day we lost our sweet Carol, Mary & I will miss her always. But she wouldn't want us to stay sad forever so we're determined to get Happy. Our family is doing well, our daughter is finally on the right track after her heart surgery 3 months ago and we're so thankful for that. We're truly blessed. 2011 is going to be a great year! On Elvis" Birthday, January 8th, I'll be going to the Honeymoon House in Palm Springs again to help celebrate that, I don't usually do any singing then, I just talk to the people and I enjoy that. His fans are always so nice & friendly. Our oldest Grandson, Nathan is getting married in April, that's exciting for us,so we're inheriting a sweet grand daughter. All of you take care of yourselves and hopefully, I'll be seeing you around someplace from time to time. I love and appreciate every one of you, I hope you always know that. Bye for now, Glen
                        • Dominique ANGLARES
                          Message 14 of 24 , Jan 6, 2011
                            Howdy Glen and friends,

                            Great to have some words to enjoy to start that new year. We may cherish the past we had to look on future and to enjoy each day that come. I wish you a nice time in Palm Spring and i am sure all the guests, from friends to fans, will like to hear your stories. Meeting Mr Everybody's Movin' is such a thrilling experience ... We wish you a great new year and knowing a weeding is the way is a great news. Don't forget to serenade the newly weds with something like "Love Me Tender" or "Kisses Sweeter then Wine" ...

                            I started that new year reading "A Rocket In My Pocket" by Max Décharné on Serpent's tail. A good book that goes for US $ 16.99 and worth for each member of the group. That book is the companion for the new ACE CD ... Let's support that good new publication.

                            It's time to move now ... I had to rock my soul on some papers for future publishing. I just can't stop!

                            Your friend from across the ocean.

                            Camille Daddy.

                            Message 15 of 24 , Jan 6, 2011
                              Hi Glen and Friends,

                              Good to hear from you Glen as well as Dominique and Theresa..
                              Glen, I am so happy to hear your daughter is doing well..!!! Theresa I know exactly what you mean! LOL!! Dominque good to hear from you as well.. How is the weather out there in France? It is cold here I Virginia USA... I am ready for SUMMER!

                              Glen have fun at Elvis Honeymoon Hideaway... I wish I could be there and hang out with you and Mary... Well take care everyone.. I am off to see the sandman!! goodnight =)

                              Hugs,
                              Sue

                              Message 16 of 24 , Jan 7, 2011

                                Howdy friends,

                                Glad to see some message pouring from you all. Here the weather is rather cold and yesterday a cold rain was pouring all day long. I am not ready for summer but ... EAGER for it! I care much if the sun don't shine and my old bones need the sweet feel of sun rays.
                                I wish I could be with Glen, Mary and them friends at the Elvis Honeymoon celebration but it's long way from here. Anyway tomorrow we're gonna celebrate Elvis' birthday and spin some good rockin' records.
                                Can't stop to rock!

                                Camille Daddy.

                                Message 17 of 24 , Feb 26, 2011
                                  Hello! Sorry that I haven't written in awhile. Not much happening, except winter has a firm grip and doesn't seem to let go. Jason is still in Germany awaiting his fate with the army; Nicholai is six months old and getting bigger. William, Jessica's baby is four months old and is a precious dumpling! He smiles so big when he sees me, it makes my heart melt! Nicky is a precious angel and babbles and tries to talk, so does Will. If Will doesn't have his Tigger, he screams. The family is surviving and waiting for spring. So, what has been happening in your neck of the woods. Theresa