Meeting of the Minds Dec 10-12 2010

  • Jessica Parker
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2010
      Are we all agreed on these dates for our meeting/brainstorming/shopping weekend? Dec 10-12, in Little Rock, Arkansas. We can all meet at my place for the actual brainstorming, or if there are too many of us to fit comfortably, we can use the meeting room at my work (its like, 2 minutes from the apt.). I can sleep 3-4 folks comfortably, I have a queen size air mattress, and 2 twins I can provide, and a sofa. Contact me if you want to stay with me and make your "reservation" I do have 2 bathrooms, so that won't be an issue. There is a list of nearby hotels in a previous post for those wanting to go that route.

      Jessica Saucier
      Epona Rising Studios
      Custom Model Horses and Equine Art
      http://www.freewebs.com/eponarisingstudios/
      http://www.tackytackoftheday.blogspot.com/

    • Laura Lecher
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2010
        Yes, let's make it official:  Dec 10-12, gather in Little Rock.

        If you want to have input into kingdom eq rules, plans for future events, etc., better plan to be there.
        Jessica, please set aside some space for me -- floor or couch is fine.  Reinmar won't be coming -- the budget can't afford yet another weekend of pet sitter fees.

        Hope to see many people there.  I really want it to be fun and productive, not too onerous.

        Thanks,
        Lora

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2010
          what times are we planning to actually go shopping and what times are we planning to have business type stuff going on? I won't be able to leave until 11th because of a late visit on 10th (unless something changes at court this month). If I leave after visit would be down about 9pm.  I am like 2 to 2 1/2 hrs away so hadn't planned to have to spend the night but if we plan to pack lots into two or three days... count me and my cousin in for floor space Jessica ;) cuz I am not driving that much on my weekend off lol.  We don't mind sharing and can bring our own mattress if need be.

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2010
            I don't have a schedule even remotely planned out yet.  But I'm not planning to take off work on Friday, so I probably won't get there until about 9:00 pm either.  I would propose doing some work in the morning on Saturday, taking a break for lunch and shopping, then working again in the late afternoon into the evening (pizza or takeout for dinner, maybe?).  But that is subject to change, especially if Jessica has anything to add about the best time to go to the tack store and the like.

            Knowing the non-morning tendencies of the eq crowd, you might be ok coming in Saturday morning and only spending Saturday night.

            Any thoughts from others?

            Lora

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2010
              is there an applebee's close by? *grins* carside to go and 2 for 20 make very nice meal plans for dinner.

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 1, 2010
                Lora, Where are we going?  I want to get hotel info.  It's kind of a mini vacation from husbands and animals for Sue and I.  What city?  What are we doing?  Working on what...rules and eq stuff?  Paperwork?

                Give me a little more info.  I'm kind of lost.  I don't always read the Yahoo Group stuff.  I am a member of many groups...too much to read.  I skim and seem to miss things sometimes.  Sorry...thanks for the info.

                Karen

                To: GleannAbhannEquestrian@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 3, 2010
                  *sigh* I won't be able to make it.  However, I will be good with whatever your great minds come up with. :)
                  Alicia
                • thlcelestine
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 4, 2010
                    Jessica,