Re: JOHN GILLESPIE, JR. b. abt 1755 in Lincoln , NC.

  • Connie Mac
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
      --- In GillespieDNAProject_discussion@yahoogroups.com, "paulhgj"
      <paulhgj@y...> wrote:
      > My Gillespie DNA Project sample kit was #34230.

      I had thought that my Gillespie line traced from Thomas and Naomi
      Gillespie of Rowan County, NC, but evidently that isn't so according
      to the DNA test results.

      Hi Paul,

      At what point in the genealogy of Thomas and Naomi did you think that
      your line connected?

      Do you have other distant Gillespie cousins that are in your known
      line that might be persuaded to do a DNA test? That will help to
      confirm your DNA test results.

      I am hoping to get a few known descendants from Thomas and Naomi to
      test next month.

      Connie
    • Paul Gillespie
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2005
        Hi Connie,

        I had thought that Thomas' son,  JOHN GILLESPIE (1762 - 1825) was in my direct line through John, Jr. to MOSES GILLESPIE, my 2x-greatfrandfather.  I had NO documentation to support that, only information provided by a distant cousin (not a Gillespie).  Actually after submitting my DNA sample but before obtaining the results, I had concluded that these were probably the wrong John Gillespies, and that my line runs through JOHN GILLESPIE, JR, (abt 1755 - abt 1844) and his father, JOHN GILLESPIE, SR., both of whom were born in Lincoln, North Carolina. As yet I have no documentation to support this.  Bottom line:  I am probably NOT a direct descendant of THOMAS GILLESPIE.

        I know of no distant cousins in my Gillespie line who could be tested.

        Paul

        <paulhgj@y...> wrote:
        > My Gillespie DNA Project sample kit was #34230.

        I had thought that my Gillespie line traced from Thomas and Naomi
        Gillespie of Rowan County, NC, but evidently that isn't so according
        to the DNA test results.

        Hi Paul,

        At what point in the genealogy of Thomas and Naomi did you think that
        your line connected?

        Do you have other distant Gillespie cousins that are in your known
        line that might be persuaded to do a DNA test?  That will help to
        confirm your DNA test results.

        I am hoping to get a few known descendants from Thomas and Naomi to
        test next month.

        Connie

        Yahoo! for Good