The Human Family Tree - Aug. 30 - National Geographic channel

  • lairdkinna
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2009
      Narrated by Kevin Bacon,The Human Family Tree premieres Sunday, August 30,2009,
      at 9 p.m. ET/PT in the USA.

      http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/human-family-tree

      "In Just One Day, Scientists Collect DNA From Residents Living in the
      Melting Pot of Queens, N.Y., to Chart the Ancient Migration of Humankind."

      http://blogs.nationalgeographic.com/blogs/genographic/2009/08/dna-alfresco.html

      "The Human Family Tree retraces the deepest branches of the human race to reveal
      interconnected stories hidden in our genes using neighbors from a single street
      (in Queens, New York)who represent a microcosm of the world."
    • Dr. Rick Gillespie
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2009

        There was an article in the latest edition of National Geographic about this project.