Joseph of Coddle Creek - William Potts Gillespie - Derom/Dermon Gillespie

  • lairdkinna
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2008
      I talked to Gerald Fowler yesterday ( see message below). He and his
      family will try to find the two sons of DEROM/DERMON GILLESPIE (
      descendant of WILLIAM POTTS GILLEPSIE who is a descendant of JOSEPH OF
      CODDLE CREEK ) that lived near Nashville. I will know more after
      their Thanksgiving Day get-together.

      What I need at this point is a commitment from some people on this
      list to pay the current price ( $149 ) of a 37 marker DNA kit if we do
      locate one of these men and he agrees to take the DNA test.

      Cheers,
      Connie

      Re: Gillespie DNA matches
      Posted by: Gerald Fowler (ID *****1073) Date: November 06, 2008 at
      16:22:09

      I just talked to my mother on the phone, she (Johnnie Marie Haley
      Fowler) and her sister (Madge Haley Pauline); and my sister Alisa
      Cheryl Fowler had been been gone for a few weeks traveling on a trip
      thru Williamsburg, Va., and thru all the New England States, top of
      Maine. Anyway, I asked her who my Grandfather John Jesse Haley (that
      died in 1965) cousin lived in Nashville, Tn.(he is also deceased in
      1970s). His name was Derom Gillespie, and his father was Presley
      Gillespie of Chickasaw Co.,Ms., and his sons were: Ben, Toy, Dermon.
      Presley Gillespie Had three daughters, Madge Gillespie married a Roy,
      mother couldn't remember the names of the other two Gillespie girls.
      Derom Gillespie, and his wife lived off Dickerson Pk., 1/2mi. south of
      I-65 in Nashville,Tn. They had two sons: I don't remember their names,
      but if someone research fast-you will find a direct Gillespie from
      William Potts Gillespie. They should be in their 60+ today, more
      likely in same area. Gerald Barnell Fowler