Ogleesby

  • Edd Gillespie
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2008
      I am still trying to track down the father of Alexander Gillespie of Nemeha County, KS.  So far my info is that his name was T.D. and his wife was Elizabeth Low.  T.D. was born in VA circa 1807 and my DNA indicates relationship to the rifle makers of Cowpasture Creek.  I don't know much about reading DNA results (everything I know I learned here), but it looks to me like one of the sons of Robert, most likely James Alexander or James is the father of T.D.

      Somewhere I saw a tree that indicated the Gillespie line goes directly back to an Ogleesby in Scotland.  Does anybody know anything about this?  This same source said Agnes Russell was the wife of Robert, but every where else I look Robert's wife is unknown.  I think the source was in Ancestry.com, but I don't subscribe to it since it doesn't seem to have much of relevance about what I am looking for, other than if it is the source of this tree.

      Anybody know anything about what I am talking about?

      Edd Gillespie